Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:
lingyai wrote:Every time I consider biting the bullet and buying S1 I read a string of posts which sum to "it's not there yet". Drag. Upgrading to a 64 bit machine soon, need a DAW!
What's wrong with your current DAW? Or is it not 64-bit yet?

You should only (imo, mmv as usuall) spend $3-400 to solve a problem, not so much just to explore something new.
It's to solve a problem. It is not 64 bit and given the silence from Sony about the program (Acid Pro 7) I don't think it will be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

hibidy wrote:
braj wrote:Yeah Amplitube chews up space on S1's performance bar on my i7 too. But then I don't know how much of that bar is just confusing way of reporting, my understanding is it only represents one core, so not a total view of the system load.
What's so weird is stuff like live starts using other cores when the first one gets chewed up. S1 just sputters and dies.
I'm wondering what sound card you are using, what your sample rate, latency etc is. I just got a new interface and overall Studio One seems more stable. In particular the very annoying 'there is already an instance of Studio One running...' message that would frequently appear when restarting S1 hasn't shown up again, and I can run at lower latency settings overall, I'm guessing this could be a big reason why some see horrible performance and some have no complaints. For me it is all psychological and not any practical issue, though I know that isn't everyone's experience. I do think there is some big adjustment somewhere that could happen and make everything run more smoothly. Maybe there is some issue that occurs when any one core maxes out, like it just doesn't get any help from the rest of the system?

Anyhow, this is just another reason why i'd love to see a changes list, see what performance issues have been addressed, among other things.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'd love to have that 2.5 update already ;) Thankfully I never had any performance issues with S1 (neither 1 nor 2), but some overall improvements are always welcome.

Tehnik wrote:I'd love to have that 2.5 update already ;) Thankfully I never had any performance issues with S1 (neither 1 nor 2), but some overall improvements are always welcome.
i have no performance issues too, coz i'm using cubase :)

just another vote from me - S1 inefficient CPU wise on my both machines regardless the OS...(I mean in reporting of course :) )
Last edited by bronxsound on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote: In Cubase I would just draw a "V" on the gain envelope in those spots, with the bad spot being right at the bottom. Handy, and a good bit less "messy" than splitting a vocal clip in 60 places. Also makes manual de-essing pretty easy.
I don't see a problem in splitting the audiofile in editable clips as long as you can keep them inside a part that can be moved around on the main window with all the clips in place.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

braj wrote:
hibidy wrote:
braj wrote:Yeah Amplitube chews up space on S1's performance bar on my i7 too. But then I don't know how much of that bar is just confusing way of reporting, my understanding is it only represents one core, so not a total view of the system load.
What's so weird is stuff like live starts using other cores when the first one gets chewed up. S1 just sputters and dies.
I'm wondering what sound card you are using, what your sample rate, latency etc is. I just got a new interface and overall Studio One seems more stable. In particular the very annoying 'there is already an instance of Studio One running...' message that would frequently appear when restarting S1 hasn't shown up again, and I can run at lower latency settings overall, I'm guessing this could be a big reason why some see horrible performance and some have no complaints. For me it is all psychological and not any practical issue, though I know that isn't everyone's experience. I do think there is some big adjustment somewhere that could happen and make everything run more smoothly. Maybe there is some issue that occurs when any one core maxes out, like it just doesn't get any help from the rest of the system?

Anyhow, this is just another reason why i'd love to see a changes list, see what performance issues have been addressed, among other things.
I've never had that issue or stability issues. Just CPU issues. Kontakt is unusable and though they are aware of the problem, they (ttbomk) have not found out why it does what it does on some peoples systems. NI won't budge on the topic :x Also, I remember being told specifically that S1 is NOT optimized in cpu use. This is a shame.

Anyways, at settings, all I know is I can use 5 different hosts with 5 different results with the same soundcard and setting. I'm not a beta tester. I'm not willing to arbitrarily test a variety of settings. I've moved on but I'm going to bitch about it :hihi:

BTW, on my system, the cpu meter runs 5-10% EVEN IF there are no tracks loaded. I've heard several people complain about this before ;)

So strange to me that people have such big problems with S1 cpu. I use a macbook pro i7 2.2Ghz (8gm ram). I get quite a bit better performance out Studio One 2 then if I load the equivalent plug-ins in Ableton Live. Si seems to use my different cores effectively and everything is as I would expect.

This is using an RME Fireface 400. I haven't tested with built-in audio, maybe that would be different. I wonder if usb interfaces give different performance than firewire or something.

And thus it continues :hihi:

It's a great mystery of the universe. Damn computer gnomes.......

Kontakt "unusable"? Oye vaye, say it ain't so... if true, deal-breaker right there. Has anyone else had this problem?

lingyai wrote:Kontakt "unusable"? Oye vaye, say it ain't so... if true, deal-breaker right there. Has anyone else had this problem?
Many have, but AGAIN, it's not everyone.

Here's what's known. For SOME of us, an instance of kontakt with let's say retro synths, will continuously spike the CPU. Also, rhythmic and arpeggiated stuff can cause this too.

Again, DEMO before you buy. If you don't have the problem, the full version isn't going to be different. NI WILL NOT BUDGE on this even though it's been reported to them several times by several people. Their attitude is it's not a deal.

hibidy wrote:
lingyai wrote:Kontakt "unusable"? Oye vaye, say it ain't so... if true, deal-breaker right there. Has anyone else had this problem?
Many have, but AGAIN, it's not everyone.

Here's what's known. For SOME of us, an instance of kontakt with let's say retro synths, will continuously spike the CPU. Also, rhythmic and arpeggiated stuff can cause this too.

Again, DEMO before you buy. If you don't have the problem, the full version isn't going to be different. NI WILL NOT BUDGE on this even though it's been reported to them several times by several people. Their attitude is it's not a deal.
Yes, of course, I'll definitely try the demo first -- gotta get the new PC first though. If these problems do arise, then no way, Jose... I use a lot of Kontakt and arpeggiated stuff...

(Waaaah)

hibidy, no doubts you are experiencing what you do as we had this discussion before. As I mentioned before, did you check your graphics card driver? I had a similar problem before where my graphics card hardware acceleration was completely turned off(?) - don't ask me why. I updated the graphics card driver and problem was solved.
Cowbells!

(yay!)

I'd bet my cat that at least 85% of people complaining about performance/stability issues are using a warezzzzed version.

Whenever there is a bug that finds its way through the beta team, it is squashed within a couple of days with an update.

Studio One hardly ever crashes on me, but if it does, 99.9% of the time it's due to a 3rd party plugin playing up! :)

k3ith

Edit: Just re-read what I wrote, and I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy.

k3ith wrote:I'd bet my cat that at least 85% of people complaining about performance/stability issues are using a warezzzzed version.

Whenever there is a bug that finds its way through the beta team, it is squashed within a couple of days with an update.

Studio One hardly ever crashes on me, but if it does, 99.9% of the time it's due to a 3rd party plugin playing up! :)

k3ith

Edit: Just re-read what I wrote, and I am in no way assuming/asserting that anybody on here is using a cracked copy.
The thing us, 3rd party plugins are what I want to use. Which is why they are called "hosts". Not trying to be snarky, but just sayin...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”