Upcoming Studio One 2.5 release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CTStump wrote:Back on topic, when 2.5 is released I expect there will be some disappointment because it's missing this or that, :?
That's about as safe a bet (with any DAW) as there is in the universe besides betting on the inevitability of death and taxes. :hihi:

I do feel a bit of anxiety for the (reality based or not) almost certain drama that will follow the Bitwig Studio release though. :) They're taking so long to release the thing that any minor perceptual issue or omission or subjective oversight will be magnified thirty-fold by some who are already poised to bash on it.

They certainly had better dot all their "I's" and cross all their "T's". :) The net can be an unforgiving place.

LawrenceF wrote:That's about as safe a bet (with any DAW) as there is in the universe besides betting on the inevitability of death and taxes. :hihi:

I do feel a bit of anxiety for the (reality based or not) almost certain drama that will follow the Bitwig Studio release though. :) They're taking so long to release the thing that any minor perceptual issue or omission or subjective oversight will be magnified thirty-fold by some who are already poised to bash on it.

They certainly had better dot all their "I's" and cross all their "T's". :) The net can be an unforgiving place.
I was thinking the same thing however most reasonable people(who are not on the net bitching) will realize it's a new product prone to teething pains and will understand they are "ground floor" beta testers, part of the risk of something new and unexplored. Instead of disappointment they will work around their problems and we on the net will suffer from the rest that have their bubbles burst.

Being a Studio one user from 1.5 I realize there's a lot of uncovered ground yet to be unearthed(back on topic, version 2.5) but it's more stable than my more "seasoned" DAW's. :wink:

You guys are pirates if you don't get all the features you want. I'll bet 85% of people who don't get what they want are pirates.......

Seriously, still REALLY pissed about that.

hibidy wrote:You guys are pirates if you don't get all the features you want. I'll bet 85% of people who don't get what they want are pirates.......

Seriously, still REALLY pissed about that.
LOL, is that accusation floating around again, I thought it was only you that caries that moniker.

Keep your spirits up hibidy, their all just jealous. :D

Seriously, how f**king toked out does someone have to be to think up something like that though? Anyways, I've stayed out of this thread long enough. Now I'm back in. I'ma let you finish but

S1 has one of the worst CPU usages of all time

Yep, beating a dead horse is great.

On a serious note though, since live can do it's very strange thing (where you are like ACK! One plugin takes up that much CPU????) to "omg, I've got 6 billion instances loaded and the cpu is actually going DOWN.....is there ANY CHANCE that S1 is supposed to do that? ANY chance of that? I know FL studio doesn't but tbh, it's been so long since I've had S1 loaded in my computer. Maybe I was put off by K5 (you know, my PIRATED version :x ) freaking things out and didn't test in depth enough?????

Ugggg, I don't feel like loading that all back up again just to realize "no"

So I'm gonna go rewire Live to Studio One now... then run Diva in Divine... will my CPU explode?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

hibidy wrote:Ugggg, I don't feel like loading that all back up again just to realize "no"
Stick with what work's, a rather novel concept. :tu:

I will wait till at least Studio One 8.5 hoping for the best, I'm crazy that way. :wink:

braj wrote:So I'm gonna go rewire Live to Studio One now... then run Diva in Divine... will my CPU explode?
No, but you'll prolly get a laughing cat

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:Ugggg, I don't feel like loading that all back up again just to realize "no"

I will wait till at least Studio One 8.5 hoping for the best, I'm crazy that way. :wink:
Ah, live it is then :D

hibidy wrote:
CTStump wrote:

Ah, live it is then :D
S1 definitely has CPU issues. I can get much more out of Cubase. I was surprised, but I always suspected S1 here.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

lingyai wrote:Actually, I'm bitterly disappointed no one wants to hear about the spec of my new DAW.

Humph!

bitterly, bitterly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:
lingyai wrote:Actually, I'm bitterly disappointed no one wants to hear about the spec of my new DAW.

Humph!

bitterly, bitterly...
Okay, Let 'er rip, what are those spec's your impatient to report.

There, someone asked. :wink:

No cpu issues here, macpro 4.0ghz 12gb ram x64 studio one. not sure what issues other users may have, but works great here. 8)

Where's that list of NEW features btw!!! ? :D

CTStump wrote:
lingyai wrote:

Humph!

bitterly, bitterly...
Okay, Let 'er rip, what are those spec's your impatient to report.

There, someone asked. :wink:
It's too late... I'm in a place where no one can hear me now

Ok, ok...

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

Intel Core i7 3740QM, 2.7GHz, quad-core, 6MB Cache - HT & 3.7GHz TB

RAM (DDR3): 16GB Total (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

2 identical hard drives -- 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Solid State, 7200rpm

1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M - DirectX 11 GPU

which will be christened with Studio One v2 Producer Edition for starters ... though will actually proabably wait until v2.5 to start exploring. If I like it, I'll stick with it, and perhaps upgrade to the Pro version, as it seems like an economical way to get Melodyne.

Also, the Pro version has something described on the Presonus site as "Pipeline -- Hardware Insert (use external hardware processor,with scope and delay compensation)". Anyone have any expereince with this? It could be important because I got this amazing floor unit from TC Helicon, Voice Live 2. It's great to sing through, but I don't like the idea of being locked into whatever settings I was using when recording the vocal, so I'd like to record dry, then audition different settings by sending the dry, recorded signal out to the unit and have the wet signal come back in to a new audio track. Any idea whjether this is easy in Studio One v2?

Then again if Studio One v2 doesn't grab me, I'm quite interested in MULab, as they will be comeing out with v5, with multicore support
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”