Cheapest way to Live 9?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally got my money back from Paypal. Meanwhile, for the trouble, Ableton gave me a 50$ discount code, so I can buy Suite 8 download directly on their website. I paid more this time, but at least I now know everything will be fine.

I'm happy for you!!!!!!!!

Great to hear that!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Great news, and a nice gesture from Ableton! :clap:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Just wait for the upgrade? Or did I miss something? :?:

How long will the 25% off last? Anyone know?
:hug:

I think I got a pretty good deal from dv247. I bought the launchpad, live 8 with a free upgrade to live 9 for £299.

I think the cheapest I could get live 8 with the upgrade was something like £262, so I got the launchpad pretty cheap to go with it.

I can get live 9 download for EUR 224, boxed EUR 292 and the suite for EUR 374. I have live lite line 6 edition (which would mean live intro, right?).
:hug:

Cheapest way to Live 9?
--> buy secondhand

I dunno, but other than the session drums I regret aspects of getting suite. max4live apparently has latency issues, some of the instruments are MEH and though I love me some loops (no really, I love chopping/messing with loops!) I'm not sure I needed all these.

Still haven't installed the beta yet :oops: I'm pretty happy with 8 and I'm worried I'll muck something up :lol:

Yeah I'll second Suite not being as crucial as I was thinking.

Regarding the 9 beta, once I hit that clip copy button I was hooked. Just that once little thing alone makes a huge difference.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I started with Live 8 lite which I got free with my Novation 61SL MKII and used Omnisphere and U-he Plugins for the instruments.

when I started needing more than six track limit I upgraded to Live 8 Standard. The workflow and midi effects and the ease of use being a one man band with one midi controller are what makes Live special. I prefair to research the best instruments and effects and buy those which have always been by other companies.

When I upgrade to Live 9 standard I might add max for live but I'm not sure yet If I need it. I wouldn't mind a step arp like their is in Omnisphere.

braj wrote:Yeah I'll second Suite not being as crucial as I was thinking.

Regarding the 9 beta, once I hit that clip copy button I was hooked. Just that once little thing alone makes a huge difference.
I LOVE session drums though! That is one thing I really dig about it.

Live 9 suit (with max included) is great value, even if you don't want to program with max, tree is a fantastic free library of effects and instruments inc,using the pro convolution reverb. Max has also just gone 64 bit (beta) and is running in Live 9 64 bit very nicely.

The free soundpacks and instruments with suits have been significantly increased with suit, the rack instrument presets are now of a very high quality, I believe the beta is now open, you can download all of the suit packs (inc several gigs of high quality orchestral samples) with beta 9 suit and try them yourself. I am very impressed with the new content.

For what it's worth, I didn't think I wanted/needed the instruments (operator, sampler, corpus etc) as I have so many plugs, but the way the core instruments work with racks, max and api's make the essentially a uniquely flexible modular synth that you can hack!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”