Tracktion returning?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a 2.1 license leaning in the corner, if there is an attractive upgrade path,
I'll give it some $$$

I love comebacks!

I'll place a gentlemans bet, that an Android DAW is about to emerge from the shadows.

glokraw wrote:I have a 2.1 license leaning in the corner, if there is an attractive upgrade path,
I'll give it some $$$

I love comebacks!

I'll place a gentlemans bet, that an Android DAW is about to emerge from the shadows.
If I wasn't saving for a new electric guitar, I would take you up on this bet. Here's what I've read, while enjoying GarageBand as a very functional pocket sized composition tool and wondering why there isn't really an equivalent for Android - so many more Android devices than iOS...

iOS has core audio and core midi, more than just in name. There is no equivalent in the Android OS. My layman's understanding of things with Android, is that an ASIO and VST-like protocol would have to emerge, perhaps Jules has done this with a JUCE port, but I doubt it - at least I hope you are wrong - I hope it is the Phoenix of Tracktion rising over DAW land that we find out about from Jules/NAMM.

glokraw wrote: I'll place a gentlemans bet, that an Android DAW is about to emerge from the shadows.
OMG Please, Nooooo!
I think you just killed my groundhog! :x

:hihi:

The only good news about that would be that I have enough hosts and don't need any others :hihi:

hibidy wrote:The only good news about that would be that I have enough hosts and don't need any others :hihi:
Wait a minute. :shrug: I saw a freeway billboard with your picture on it with the caption...

"Hosts are like condoms, you can never have too many!" :hihi:

bk wrote:
glokraw wrote: I'll place a gentlemans bet, that an Android DAW is about to emerge from the shadows.
OMG Please, Nooooo!

The whole point of Juce is cross platform developing, so I
don't infer an android version would be the only version.

Although I get no specificity points in my bet post :(

wineasio works in ubuntu, ubuntu works on Nexus, so it should be easy enough
for a genious to implement alsa midi and wineasio vsts using juce.

A flood of cheap andoid tablets may emerge in 2013, whether the
tablet form will be widely useful to musicians is another concern.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:
A flood of cheap andoid tablets may emerge in 2013, whether the
tablet form will be widely useful to musicians is another concern.
Cheers
There is already a flood of android tablets on the market. You can get these for under $100 all over the place.

Who is going to do the someone benevolent job of writing the ASIO and VST port for Android? Steinberg did this in the past, but I wouldn't expect to see it in a world of 1$ apps. Garageband is only 5$, probably the best 5$ music purchase I have ever made.

I think it is mainly the gestures that need work in Nexus Ubuntu.
The wineasio is a tiny bit of code that's been around for many
years, and the festige re-write of asio code works quite well
on netbooks, and laptops, alsa is in the kernel, and wine gets
heavy developement so if the various gui toolkit coders are motivated,
the few linux audio apps could be working in android soon.
Maybe tablet based game developers/porters will drive the android to success,
and the other app categories can follow.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:I think it is mainly the gestures that need work in Nexus Ubuntu.
The wineasio is a tiny bit of code that's been around for many
years, and the festige re-write of asio code works quite well
on netbooks, and laptops, alsa is in the kernel, and wine gets
heavy developement so if the various gui toolkit coders are motivated,
the few linux audio apps could be working in android soon.
Maybe tablet based game developers/porters will drive the android to success,
and the other app categories can follow.
Cheers
I hope you are right - and I hope Tracktion will work on them when it's released anew!

I would like to see what Traction really is, and if there is a Linux version better yet.

Juce is cross platform so it would be very possible to have a Linux version . So, it could be compiled to work with Linux , but then again you have to make sure it works with JACK the Linux audio sound server and then your gonna want LV2 , ladspa, LinuxVST plugin support . etc etc . I'd love if Linux would get more support from the audio music making community , seeing the direction Windows8 is going , I know Valve's Steam gamer engine is coming to Ubuntu soon . So you never know ? I use Windows7 for music stuff and Linux for everything else .

Valve Steam isn't a game engine. You might be thinking of Source. Either way, that's not going to help pro audio on Linux.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I used Tracktion up until about the time Mackie got hold of it. Then it went to rat s**t! :?

glokraw wrote:
bk wrote:
OMG Please, Nooooo!

The whole point of Juce is cross platform developing, so I
don't infer an android version would be the only version.
Ah, ok. As long as it's not the ONLY version. That would be fine.

I just checked, my groundhog is still breathing. :hihi:

Dogboy73 wrote:I used Tracktion up until about the time Mackie got hold of it. Then it went to rat s**t! :?
It was a pretty sad deal

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”