FL Studio CPU at 99% but Task Manager is at 30%

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alexfsu wrote:
mandolarian wrote:So...the 200us DPC Latency in Reaper, was it in OSX or Windows?
Windows. Tried Ableton in OSX with the Focusrite and everything was fine as well.
Well.. that changes everything and nothing. So I my spinning little brain gets all the details...

Windows (which version BTW?) running:

Reaper = 200us DPC Latency
FL Studio = 500 - 1000us Latency

Is that right?

In the Audio options panel of FLS, is the 'Auto-Close device' checked or unchecked? If checked, uncheck it and try again.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:
mandolarian wrote:So...the 200us DPC Latency in Reaper, was it in OSX or Windows?
Windows. Tried Ableton in OSX with the Focusrite and everything was fine as well.
Well.. that changes everything and nothing. So I my spinning little brain gets all the details...

Windows (which version BTW?) running:

Reaper = 200us DPC Latency
FL Studio = 500 - 1000us Latency

Is that right?

In the Audio options panel of FLS, is the 'Auto-Close device' checked or unchecked? If checked, uncheck it and try again.
I'm using Win 7 SP1 x64. Yes you are correct. The auto-close button is unchecked--I checked and unchecked it but no change.

I admit I'm not the world greatest computer expert, but to me 2+2=4.

Considering how poorly FL ran on this i7 desktop in fairly recent tests, we have the answer. Once you eliminate the impossible......etc.......

hibidy wrote:I admit I'm not the world greatest computer expert, but to me 2+2=4.

Considering how poorly FL ran on this i7 desktop in fairly recent tests, we have the answer. Once you eliminate the impossible......etc.......
Yeah, but we're not nearly there yet. We've just barely begun the troubleshooting. Not even held a special session at the UN yet. Early days.

alexfsu wrote:
I'm using Win 7 SP1 x64. Yes you are correct. The auto-close button is unchecked--I checked and unchecked it but no change.
What version of FL Studio? 10.???

mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:
I'm on 10.0.9c, but I tried 10.9 beta and the same deal.

mandolarian wrote:
hibidy wrote:I admit I'm not the world greatest computer expert, but to me 2+2=4.

Yeah, but we're not nearly there yet. We've just barely begun the troubleshooting. Not even held a special session at the UN yet. Early days.
true.........true........ (oh he snickers)

hibidy wrote:
mandolarian wrote:

true.........true........ (oh he snickers)
Hey! I heard that!

Alright, enough joking around, we have someone who needs help......aheeeem. I release the floor :D

alexfsu wrote:
mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:
Same here and I can run a dozen instances of ACE Polyphonic before hitting the red on the FL meter. Altho, my i7 is clocked a bit higher than normal.

Let's run the checklist again:

On the audio panel:
Priority is set at: ?

Multithreaded generator processing is On/Off?
Multithreaded mixer processing is On/Off?

On the VST wrapper processing settings you noted the fixed buffer size was checked. If you uncheck it, it's?

Are all plugins affected (infected with cpu greed)?

mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:
mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:
Same here and I can run a dozen instances of ACE Polyphonic before hitting the red on the FL meter. Altho, my i7 is clocked a bit higher than normal.

Let's run the checklist again:

On the audio panel:
Priority is set at: ?

Multithreaded generator processing is On/Off?
Multithreaded mixer processing is On/Off?

On the VST wrapper processing settings you noted the fixed buffer size was checked. If you uncheck it, it's?

Are all plugins affected (infected with cpu greed)?
Priority: high

Both multithreads: on

Checking/unchecking the fixed buffer doesn't change anything

Yep its all plugins. Even FL Keys gives me 15% CPU when playing eighth note triads.

alexfsu wrote:Priority: high

Yep its all plugins. Even FL Keys gives me 15% CPU when playing eighth note triads.
Holy crap! :-o :-o

Try setting priority to normal. Really doesn't need to be on high for an i7.

15% on FL keys!!! I'm :shock:

mandolarian wrote:
alexfsu wrote:Priority: high

Holy crap! :-o :-o

Try setting priority to normal. Really doesn't need to be on high for an i7.

15% on FL keys!!! I'm :shock:
Priority doesn't change it.

Yeah I'm baffled man. I even ran a virus scan on the entire laptop. Nada.

Now, I'm baffled too.

It's time to escalate. It's lunch time in Belgium. I really suggest getting onto Imageline support with your tragic tale. They are really helpful and can send you debug versions that they can use to trace the greedy parts. They helped me track down a nasty issue with K4.

If that fails, then you've got my vote at the UN, if need be.

mandolarian wrote:Now, I'm baffled too.

It's time to escalate. It's lunch time in Belgium. I really suggest getting onto Imageline support with your tragic tale. They are really helpful and can send you debug versions that they can use to trace the greedy parts. They helped me track down a nasty issue with K4.

If that fails, then you've got my vote at the UN, if need be.
Thing is, I wanted to demo FL out first to see if it would work with my Mac, as I've only been using the program for a couple weeks now. You have to be a paid customer to get help. The ol' Catch 22...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”