I am very surprised.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My goodness

DELETED

No, that is your personal interpretation of it. That's a difference to it being a fact, you know.

DELETED
Last edited by deleted on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michi_mak wrote:assuming that people keep using their keys after selling them is nothing else than accusing them of being thieves...
Of course that happens. That's reality. That's the only thing i said. At the same time i said that i'm confident that most users are honnest.

Are you saying that you think that it never happens?
and it was YOU who explained your no resale policy with this assumption...
Please don't limit my explanation. It's part of the reasons. I've listed all reasons here: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... swers.html

I've never used Mutools, but I had a look at your website and point 3 would have left a very nasty taste in my mouth were I a customer. You clearly state that one of the reasons that I can't sell my copy of the software is because you cannot be sure that "he/she effectively erases all copies of this MuLab / MUX user key and that he/she does not use it again".

If you really think that most of your users are honest and that this type of piracy would have negligible impact, why mention it at all? Buying the software, selling it, and keeping the install is a pretty complicated way of going about things when the bay of pirates is a mere click away.

For what it's worth, your prices are so low that I probably wouldn't look at buying a second-hand license anyway. I'd rather support the developer at those kind of prices. But if I was a customer, why should customer X's illegal actions impact customer Y's rights as a consumer?

I have to agree with that.

I wonder, did mutools ever fix the valhalla/recabinet/whoever preset/gui issue or is still the "plug ins" fault.

You have to be in Europe to sell Image line, don't you? What am I supposed to do!!?!?!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Dunbar wrote:
ferez21 wrote:i think i should have the right to sell something i own...
Agreed.
The definition of "owning" software is completely different than "owning" your car.

In software, you only "own" a license to use the software. You agreed to their terms and conditions ('license agreement') at the time of purchase and every time you install the software.
Cowbells!

What came first, the car, or the software sales analogies? :hihi:

RunBeerRun wrote:You have to be in Europe to sell Image line, don't you? What am I supposed to do!!?!?!
Maybe I shouldn't be banning all these new members with European travel bargain spam in their sigs.

Cars can't be duplicated. Software can. People want everything for free. This is the core problem.
Cowbells!

DELETED

dalor wrote:Cars can't be duplicated. Software can. People want everything for free. This is the core problem.
I was playin', but I actually don't agree. If I paid for it, it's tangible.

I'm grateful for all the companies that allow license transfers. Even some of the paid ones (I don't expect to just hose them) I want my mad cash yo! (translated: I want my 30 bucks back :hihi: )

hibidy wrote:What came first, the car, or the software sales analogies? :hihi:
:lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”