Cubase 7 on WinXP

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i was wondering if i can use cubase 7 on windows xp, i don't want win7 but if i have to then i will but i don't like windows seven and since 2004 have been a windows xp user, i bought cubase essentials 4 but now want cubase 5 because it runs on windows xp, my question is what is the last cubase to support winXP

I'm in the same boat as you mate.

I have heard it does work, but it isn't supported so you're on your own as far as that goes.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I was reluctant to upgrade to W7 as well, but when I did I was glad.

It is a superb operating system and well worth the upgrade.

No brainer tbh.

tehlord wrote:I was reluctant to upgrade to W7 as well, but when I did I was glad.

No brainer tbh.
+1. Better than xp.

budweiser wrote:
tehlord wrote:I was reluctant to upgrade to W7 as well, but when I did I was glad.

No brainer tbh.
+1. Better than xp.
Hmmmmm. I have it on my work PC and I agree it is good..
No advantages over XP though.

And certainly not enough to warrant the effort installing it.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Until the software/hardware you're using doesn't support XP any more, which will happen.

W7 is more stable for me as well. Not that XP is bad, but 7 is better.

tehlord wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Until the software/hardware you're using doesn't support XP any more, which will happen.

ok very true

My system works perfectly now so I'm not about to risk any change until it's absolutely necessary.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
tehlord wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:

ok very true

My system works perfectly now so I'm not about to risk any change until it's absolutely necessary.

Yeah I'm with you there, I still have an old XP DAW that works perfectly well. The main point I guess is that there's no downside to swapping to W7 if you choose to.

Also the soon to happen lack of security updates and the time that XP is now on the market (more time for the hackers to learn where the vulnerabilities are) are points which speak for Win 7. If your PC is connected to the internet of course. :)

tehlord wrote:The main point I guess is that there's no downside to swapping to W7 if you choose to.
I guess mods can close all the permissions / pci / firewire win7 threads ;)

It works fine except the Steinberg Hub (Would your life be complete without a Steinberg Hub?). Also, you need an alternate method for the installation. Check this thread:

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtop ... 34197970cb

You can try the demo, it's in fact the full version.

Since Steinberg upgraded Cubase to version 8 I take the liberty to upgrade the question. Can Cubase Artist 8 run on XP? :-)

I don't have any particular oppinion on those who advocates Win 7 and/or 8. Except that it doesn't really answer the question.

No, it can't. I installed the full Cubase 8 on XP with my usual hacks but Windows doesn't recognize it as a valid application anymore. I'm running 7.5 without a problem, though.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Pheeewwww ! I'm glad you told me. I was almost about to upgrade to Cubase Artist 8.

standalone wrote:No, it can't. I installed the full Cubase 8 on XP with my usual hacks but Windows doesn't recognize it as a valid application anymore. I'm running 7.5 without a problem, though.
Cubase Plug-in Set.vst3 from Cubase 8 works fine on Cubase 7.5 + Windows XP x64
So you can get Quadrafuzz v2 +VST Bass Amp + Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent working on Cubase Artis 8 eLicense.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”