The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

virtualmark wrote: Hi Dom, while you're here, could you confirm which features that you'll be adding in the future? And which version you think they'll be in? Things I'd like to know about that have been mentioned in this thread are:

VST multi outs
Support for Melodyne
REX Support
MIDI routing to other tracks
Group tracks
Custom key mappings and macros

Thanks.
Multichannel VST and Group tracks will be among the next features after the release, besides constant polishing and bug fixing. Those will be part of the free bugfix updates for version 1 but I won't comment on which version exactly i think they will be included as it should not matter what i think but only what i really know ;-)

Cheers,
Dom

Dom can we convince you guys to integrate the Melodyne ARA? :)

virtualmark as we were saying before it seems that bitwig does not lack melodyne support, if as that's some feature you choose to add or not, it's just crashing on Thomas's win system. It a matter of bugfixing.

Ogopogo wrote:virtualmark as we were saying before it seems that bitwig does not lack melodyne support, if as that's some feature you choose to add or not, it's just crashing on Thomas's win system. It a matter of bugfixing.
He's most likely referring to Melodyne ARA, which is different than just loading the plug-in.

^I'm not so sure of that, he started talking about lack of melodyne support when Thomas reported it was crashing on his system.

I've asked this question on Facebook, but got no response. Is there anything like Cubase's Retrospective Record in Bitwig?

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, you're missing out on a crucial method of editing when you're recording on one track with punch-ins. Using multiple tracks is a chore and unnecessary overhead. There are other scenarios that benefit wildly from crossfades.
Agreed.

No cross fades means messing around with multiple tracks when dealing with multiple parts of the same audio which just isn't an acceptable workaround and a huge hinderance to my workflow.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Although, I can admit, there has been some anxiety in camp awaiting BWS :hihi:
dsan
:hihi: I hope their IT guys are on the job because these are the times when servers crash from so many people trying to downoad the new shiny thing all at the same time. :)

That server, wherever the demo is sourced from, will be highly loaded on the 26th. :lol:

All you guys, please wait until the 27th so DSan can get a speedy demo download. :hihi:

P.S. How big will the thing be, size wise?

:lol: GooWan LawrenceF :lol:

Now, honestly, can you see these guys hanging back so I can be the first download :hihi:

Yeah, right!

TBH I had already planned to wait a week before attempting. ;)

Thanks for the thought though! Appreciated :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Actually, I think it was hibidy that wanted to be first :hihi:

hibidy? hibidy?

Has anyone seen hibidy?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

these days are getting pretty long :D

I do wanna give the demo a spin out of sheer curiosity, I just hope it's not 3gb or something. If so, me and my rather ancient DSL will probably take a rain check.

Current Beta is 112 MB. Content is downloaded on demand separately.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Cool. Thanks Thomas.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Dom can we convince you guys to integrate the Melodyne ARA? :)
Would you prefer Bitwig to do that as apposed to rolling their own?
Melodyne ARA is cool and all but I assume that it was designed with a more traditional daw in mind.

This is purely conjecture but I would question how Melodyne ARA would respond to a non-linear/modular daw that supports audio and midi in the same track and multiple audio events in the same clip.

If that's the case I would prefer bitwig to implement their own pitch shifting solution that could be used throughout the daw and not just in the arrangement view and also allow pitch shifting to be used in hybrid tracks. Lets not forget that if the modular system had direct access to a pitch shifting engine people could create some crazy shit like a sampler with pitch shifting in it. :love:
I also suspect that melodyne ARA would have limited interaction with the javascript API

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”