The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Want to release on time? Enter the Crunch Mode.

A programmers dream!
[NOT!]

pdxindy wrote:The part you miss, is that Dom has also said they will release it when it is ready and they feel it is solid enough. My impression, is that is of more importance than meeting an arbitrary date which is only a guess.

And I hope they don't keep their word... cause it is not worth keeping. That is a social construct used to control people. It is demanded of you to say something and then you are supposed to stick to it regardless of whether circumstances have changed and if you don't others will try to 'punish' you for it. That is not creative intelligent living.

If a serious bug shows up, then I would rather they wait a few days to fix it then act like an automaton and push it out unready just to uphold some estimate.
What makes you think I missed that? I don't think anyone who has been following the thread could have missed that as it's been said over and over and I am even one of the ones who has said before that if they go over their deadline its not the end of the world and I still trust them and look forward too it.

I stated a simple fact in passing guys. You can have any opinion you like as to how big of a deal it would be if they missed their projection, or if it would be no deal at all. I never said it was a huge deal. All I said was it would be cool if it they did meet it. Thanks but no thanks to whatever attitude adjustment is going on here. You guys are really overcomplicating things.

Hoping they do go past seems irrational to me because we have no idea how close to being done they are. I mean if we knew it would take them until feb to get it up to scratch then it would make sense, but seeing as how we don't why is it wrong to hope that it's up to stratch and released by the end of dec?

pdxindy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:
So yeah, they have said they will do a certain thing, so to do it or not do it means keeping their word or not. No need to complicate it.

The part you miss, is that Dom has also said they will release it when it is ready and they feel it is solid enough. My impression, is that is of more importance than meeting an arbitrary date which is only a guess.

And I hope they don't keep their word... cause it is not worth keeping. That is a social construct used to control people. It is demanded of you to say something and then you are supposed to stick to it regardless of whether circumstances have changed and if you don't others will try to 'punish' you for it. That is not creative intelligent living.

If a serious bug shows up, then I would rather they wait a few days to fix it then act like an automaton and push it out unready just to uphold some estimate.
:tu:

What I try to do here is preventing expectations to go too far into the unrealistic, that's all.

BWS isn't a small VST that you can post a dropbox link to on KVR without much ado.
If you release a DAW, you need to have a physical package, DVDs, good documentation, hopefully some video tutorials, marketing materials, a trained support team - you name it. Many of those things need the final version and we don't have that yet, so do your own calculations...

Those people have families and a life, so if they would release before the holidays, they could pretty much scratch any time off.
Not sure if I think that would be worth it.
I'd rather see them fresh and relaxed for the final stretch and the release onslaught. I would imagine that the first two months after the release will be filled with totally crazy amounts of work, both for developers and support.

It's not worth risking your health over any piece of code.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: I personally don't find it important if this will be this month or next year, as much as I understand the anticipation.
because your are already using it :hihi:

Regnas wrote:
v1o wrote:Is this coming out in 2014?
It will never be released... :hihi:
Geez... How the hell do they manage to pay the bills and stay afloat?

I wonder who finances them. It sure can't be some venture capitalists because they'll be wanting their ROIs by now.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
Regnas wrote:

I wonder who finances them. It sure can't be some venture capitalists because they'll be wanting their ROIs by now.

At least in part is EU.

Suloo wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote: I personally don't find it important if this will be this month or next year, as much as I understand the anticipation.
because your are already using it :hihi:
;-) That of course may be a part of it ;-)

That also puts me in a place to say that I'm sure you would enjoy if all your favourite VSTs would work and some remaining, hard to track bugs would be gone.

But yes, I know exactly what you mean.

You win ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Bitwig Studio is in the new Musotalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwSDI6Sdt8

pc999 wrote:
v1o wrote:
Regnas wrote:

At least in part is EU.

The EU funds tech start ups?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Bitwig Studio is in the new Musotalk
Presented by Steinberg!

I'm sure it will come out in Dec. Not 2013 doe. 2014.

Musotalk "experts" don't even know what a clips purpose is :hihi:

v1o wrote:Bitwig Studio is in the new Musotalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwSDI6Sdt8
Dude i find nothing about bitwig in there. You have a time?

first twelve minutes?

v1o wrote:The EU funds tech start ups?
They do in the US, too.
eh?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”