The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

virtualmark wrote:
hibidy wrote:You do know I was just razzing you, right? I understand people are not necessarily getting on with live. It was just a funny cat pic.
Sorry, it's just that for the past few years people have denied that the PDC problem exists. It'll all be ancient history to me tomorrow though! I'll have a new DAW to moan about! :)
:party:

V0RT3X wrote:I wonder how many Live users are selling their licences now since the announcement. I bet Ableton is flooded with requests..
I won't be selling my copy, even though it's so unstable for me. I really do like working in Live and am hopeful to bounce back to it sometime.

But that will depend on my experience with BWS.

I have a feeling BWS will be everything I need so this could be moot.

Still won't sell it though. Someday it could be an antique and worth something to me :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Is there a demo out tomorrow before deciding on the purchase? Just wondering, I have a friend interested in the demo, I'm buying tomorrow regardless, the wait has been too long.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

virtualmark wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
virtualmark wrote:
Biscotto wrote:
arkmabat wrote:Will there be a basic version? How much?
There is already, Live 9
:hihi:
That's the broken out of sync version.
No, that is the version I have been using for over a year without any problems and which I really enjoy and find productive.
Cool story, but that doesn't change the facts! Good for you if you don't use the broken features, have a cookie. :lol:
I just stated a fact... It is you who cannot stand it

What kind of cookies are we baking ? :hihi:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
echosystm wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I don't know if it is good idea to venture some pages ago, but if it haven't been posted here is it's first Review

http://www.musictech.net/2014/03/bitwig-1/
"The routing options throughout are almost limitless which makes mixing and side-chaining very flexible."

Derp. Side-chaining isn't actually supported. The lack of multi-out VST support also didn't get mentioned at all. Magazine reviews are a joke.
You can side chain anything with the audio mod.
I'm please with that feature... But it's not the same as being able to use the side-chain function in your favorite compressor which will have its own response.

zendorf wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:And as for the definition of "Tomorrow":
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is Berlin/Germany local time... ;-)

This is a full HD image, so if you want it as a Wallpaper, rightclick and "open image" or "save image as" or whatever it's called in your browser... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Sweet render Tom! Rendered in arnold?
Hehehe - no, I don't use Arnold anymore.

This is the real thing in a box, no rendering this time... :party:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

trusampler wrote:Is there a demo out tomorrow before deciding on the purchase? Just wondering, I have a friend interested in the demo, I'm buying tomorrow regardless, the wait has been too long.
Tomorrow?

It's today in their part of the world. :hihi:

Yes, there's supposed to be a demo. Providing the servers hold up ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

fedexnman wrote:What kind of cookies are we baking ? :hihi:
Got milk? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

V0RT3X wrote:I wonder how many Live users are selling their licences now since the announcement. I bet Ableton is flooded with requests..
There are just too many critical (to me) features in Live that are missing in Bitwig for me to consider switching now. I may decide to purchase Bitwig upon release (demo depending) with the idea that I will stop upgrading Live and migrate over to Bitwig over time.

Besides the core features missing, there are also a variety of cool M4L devices that I use sometimes. For example, there is one device that let's me round robin instances of synths (each key press goes to a different track), there is the excellent convolution reverb, and so on. Then there is my Push. It's awesome!

I'm envious pdxindy.....sure wish my Live would have behaved on my system. Cheers! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Computer Music's review is up for Bitwig Studio!

http://www.musicradar.com/us/reviews/te ... dio-596964

Basically, to sum it up:

Pros
Great interface. Integration of Clip and Arrange views. Intuitive modulation and effects nesting. Impressive automation capabilities. Characterful built-in synths.

Cons
No ReWire support. Lacks refinement in a few areas.

Verdict
Ableton Live is in no danger, but Bitwig Studio is a fantastic, forward-thinking DAW in its own right - and this is only version 1!

To me I really like Bitwig's workflow, but I'm worried it will miss certain "fundamental" features that will drive me crazy if I don't have them.

dsan@mail.com wrote:
I won't be selling my copy, even though it's so unstable for me. I really do like working in Live and am hopeful to bounce back to it sometime.

But that will depend on my experience with BWS.

I have a feeling BWS will be everything I need so this could be moot.

Still won't sell it though. Someday it could be an antique and worth something to me :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I hope that it is. I may joke around a shitload but I'd love people to have a riker they can use and do their music with.

pdxindy wrote:
There are just too many critical (to me) features in Live that are missing in Bitwig for me to consider switching now. I may decide to purchase Bitwig upon release (demo depending) with the idea that I will stop upgrading Live and migrate over to Bitwig over time.

Besides the core features missing, there are also a variety of cool M4L devices that I use sometimes. For example, there is one device that let's me round robin instances of synths (each key press goes to a different track), there is the excellent convolution reverb, and so on. Then there is my Push. It's awesome!
Yeah, that's my experience :shrug:

Most of the time I have live running. Frequently I use push to cycle through my noodlings while cruising the forums. The closest things to issues are:

-Push sometimes doesn't come on straight off. I have to go off/back on. Then it's fine.
-This odd latency thing with JUST audio inputs every once in a while. It's happened since 8 so I have no idea why. Abe's just shrug at it :roll:

Clearly the first one is a simple workaround. The second can be worked around by temporarily turning off delay compensation. I've got TONS of things that have needed to be fixed (doing the beta for 9 really) or that I wish would be resolved but by and large it runs constantly and does what I want (knock on wood)

I dunno what to say to those that have issues. This is two different computers.

I'll be demoing for certain, but probably won't give up Live anytime soon (or maybe ever?). Lack of AU support on the Mac is probably going to be one of the biggest reasons - would especially miss my Sinevibes stuff!

Anyone experience using VSTs on the Mac? I haven't really checked my library to see what developers are Mac/AU only (Sinevibes being one of the few, probably because they utilize native graphics), but I suspect there are devs who only support AU for the Mac and VST for Windows.

I'm guessing Bitwig will be quite successful and by V 2 or 3 will be missing very little.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”