The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Okay, thx!

It almost feels like im waiting for santa claus... man these days are looooooooong....

thnx 33tetragammon for the pictures... i almost click on them fantasizing im really hit those buttons. :-)

Great news on the group tracks coming along!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they implemented track groups. Ie. can you record enable the master group track and be able to record in the sub tracks? Does Bounce in place bounce all to the master group track? I can imagine them doing cool stuff like this given that even the master track has clips.

About the time sig changes, so I guess you can't have different time signatures per clip eh?

tooneba wrote:I think I'll pass verision.1 and wait 4 years for 2.0. Seems there are many fancy looking features but at the same time lacking many basic features...
I haven't followed that endless development phase, so which basic features are missing? :? I have only used two entry-level DAW's so far, but such a statement doesn't sound very promising...

What I don't like is the dark interface, but maybe there are skins.
Nor do I like the rotated module labels.

So is that going to be your guys official forum? Or you going to have your own as well on your site?

The KVR Bitwig Forum will be the official forum and the Q&A system (think stackoverflow) that is available for the beta testers currently on www.bitwig.om will be opened up to the public.

pdxindy wrote:All the bitwig videos mainly show included devices. What sort of user control is there for the display of vst plugins? For example, can one lock a vst gui as visible when changing tracks?
VSTs display in a Bitwig device which contains a long scrollable and searchable list of parameters. These are ready configured. You can choose to show only automated parameters, and it's hoped in the future you will be able to choose only macro mapped parameters.

You also have a presets and macros pane and a separate mappings pane for supported controllers, both tucked away.

There is a button to show the plugin's GUI. If you display the GUI, it will stay visible no matter what you do, until you hide it again. However it won't show in full screen view on a Mac.It is not treated as a separate window on a Mac.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

kennyda wrote: There is a button to show the plugin's GUI. If you display the GUI, it will stay visible no matter what you do, until you hide it again. However it won't show in full screen view on a Mac.It is not treated as a separate window on a Mac.
If you open the VST GUI while Bitwig Studio being in fullscreen mode, it does show.
I the VST GUI is open and you switch Bitwig Studio to fullscreen, you have to close and open the VST GUI to see it. Open and close works now with the little GUI button on "our" plugin view of VSTs, too.

kennyda wrote:
There is a button to show the plugin's GUI. If you display the GUI, it will stay visible no matter what you do, until you hide it again. However it won't show in full screen view on a Mac.It is not treated as a separate window on a Mac.
I like the configuration in Live where switching tracks shows only the open vst GUI's for that track. Are you saying Bitwig cannot do this?

pdxindy wrote:
kennyda wrote:
I like the configuration in Live where switching tracks shows only the open vst GUI's for that track. Are you saying Bitwig cannot do this?
I actually do not like how Live hides the VST GUI if another track is selected.

There have been many times I need to make an adjustment in a VST while working in a different track and have to jump back and forth to do so.

So I'm hoping BWS allows these GUI's to stay on top with the option to hide them if needed.

Actually, the option to work in whatever way suits the user is best, so I hope they have preferences for everything. :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
kennyda wrote:
I actually do not like how Live hides the VST GUI if another track is selected.

There have been many times I need to make an adjustment in a VST while working in a different track and have to jump back and forth to do so.

So I'm hoping BWS allows these GUI's to stay on top with the option to hide them if needed.

Actually, the option to work in whatever way suits the user is best, so I hope they have preferences for everything. :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
You can configure it in Live in preferences...

^ px: are you sure about that? Is this available in Live8 as well?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:^ px: are you sure about that? Is this available in Live8 as well?
yea you can, its under look and feel, uncheck autohide plugin windows, also enable multiple plugin windows so you can have open whatever you want

ezelkow1 wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:^ px: are you sure about that? Is this available in Live8 as well?
yea you can, its under look and feel, uncheck autohide plugin windows, also enable multiple plugin windows so you can have open whatever you want
Oh my.
I'm kicking myself for not knowing this earlier.
Can't stand the undocking.

Thx guys 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”