The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

tooneba wrote:
hibidy wrote:Poor live, what WILL they do?

:hihi:
*Lawsuit
If Live ever sues them and they don't have a home run case I think maybe I will boycott Live. They were really asking for somebody to come along and one up them. The only "real" daw with the session view and such a huge company stagnating so much. I'd be real pissed and get Maschine if I couldn't get Bitwig.

Bitwig in Computer Music 203, with full REVIEW, GUIDE and VIDEOS ;) 26 March!

https://twitter.com/computermusicuk/sta ... 80/photo/1

Ogopogo wrote: No time sig changes? Definitely a big deal if it's true it isn't in there.
Did someone say that? I just asked about it...

I got money burning a hole in my pocket and so far I've been contemplating buying Reason 7, Apple Logic X or Bitwig..

I already own Ableton Live 9 so im afraid that if i buy bitwig I'll just end up using it more than live 9. I might keep Live around so whenever I do decide to buy Reason 7 i'll have a good rewire master/slave setup.

Bitwig does not have rewire support right? :/
:borg:

33tetragammon wrote:Time signature changes is something i couldn't find.
The manual isn't that helpful (extremely basic imo).
It's just sorta suspicious that something that that would be really hard to find, and there's so much other basic stuff missing, so maybe it isn't in there.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X wrote:Bitwig does not have rewire support right? :/
Correct

No time sig changes? Oh wow.

hibidy wrote:No time sig changes? Oh wow.
We are not sure of that by any means. Just wondering still. Sorry.

Ogopogo wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Bitwig does not have rewire support right? :/
Correct
That kind of sucks, I don't know how hard it would be to implement that but I wonder why they decided to not support rewire?
:borg:

[captaincliche] It's not about you, not everything is going to be for everyone, that is why we have so many choices [/captaincliche]

Ogopogo wrote:
tooneba wrote:
hibidy wrote:Poor live, what WILL they do?

:hihi:
*Lawsuit
If Live ever sues them and they don't have a home run case I think maybe I will boycott Live. They were really asking for somebody to come along and one up them. The only "real" daw with the session view and such a huge company stagnating so much. I'd be real pissed and get Maschine if I couldn't get Bitwig.
I can't think Ableton were asking for somebody to copy whole design and concept of their daw. "Ok lets move the place of the browser and put track into clip, boom we made Live Nextgen 1.0" Ableton says "Yeah that's what we were asking." Really?

Ogopogo wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:Time signature changes is something i couldn't find.
The manual isn't that helpful (extremely basic imo).
It's just sorta suspicious that something that that would be really hard to find, and there's so much other basic stuff missing, so maybe it isn't in there.
Thanks... I see now he edited that afterwards so I missed that part... It is not immediately obvious how to do signature changes in Live either, so it may still be in there. If not that is rather a big con... at least for some people, including myself.

There is quite a bit of stuff that I regularly use in Live that is not there in Bitwig. That is not surprising considering how long Live has been around.

Only a couple days now and we can all try Bitwig!

N/M, I was off
Last edited by hibidy on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tooneba wrote:I can't think Ableton were asking for somebody to copy whole design and concept of their daw. "Ok lets move the place of the browser and put track into clip, boom we made Live Nextgen 1.0" Ableton says "Yeah that's what we were asking." Really?
Yeah, you have a point. Daws have been nicking each other forever though, every little feature even if they are not all all nicked into one daw. When I think about borrowing in music my rule is basically that if it makes its own thing in the end its fine, no matter how much you take. Bitwig is it's own thing I think. There's a bunch of really vital stuff in there that ableton would never have gotten around to.

hibidy wrote:Crack kills guys! All you have to do is look at a photo of bitwig and it's OBVIOUS that it has a time signature option.

You had me going for a while.
What do you mean? I see the time signature in the transport but we are wondering about inserting time signature changes into the timeline. You see that?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”