The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Tronam wrote:It's funny how we all keep returning to this oceanic thread despite the opening of Bitwig's new dedicated forum. Old habits die hard.
Well, for anyone who's already posted it pops up when checking "your posts" so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

1.03 is released! :party:

@dsan: Great you got it working! I know too little about Synching, so I can't be of much help there.
But I guess this will be needed by more people so you should send in FRs for what you need.

I don't think the Controller Script makes much difference, since the Hardware Instrument let's you directly select Midi Ports, not Script Ports?

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Is there a release note section? I'd like to keep up with the progress.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 1.0.3

Released on 26.03.2014.

FIXED Crash when somehow managing to start an event drag and drop interaction without clicking on the event.
FIXED Crash sometimes when stopping overdubbed looped clip recording on arranger.
FIXED Dragging files from external application on windows causes threads to leak and eventual out of memory error
FIXED Pressing Esc when renaming a track still edits the track's name
FIXED Crash if delete a track that user is droppig a clip onto before the clip has finished loading
FIXED Crash when scanning some shell VST plugins.
FIXED Crash when reading SF2 files with a sample index which is out of range.
FIXED Crash when tapping ctrl with nothing focused
FIXED Some audio interfaces doesn't get detected
FIXED Crash when dragging pitch expression event with shift modifier.
FIXED Crash when toggling solo for a drum pad in a drum machine that is in a slot of a container device
FIXED Preview warp marker are sometimes shown at the wrong location.
FIXED Audio engine crashed sometimes when deleting a VST plugin device with it's window open on Mac OSX
FIXED Crash when reversing audio that has not finished loading.
FIXED Crash when showing a popup window on Linux if the window manager sent focus in or out notifications to the popup window
FIXED Crash when making arranger time selection and then dragging from the automation lane instead of the clip header

Changes in Bitwig Studio 1.0.2

Released on 25.03.2014.

FIXED Crash after dragging end of clip.
FIXED Crash when using knife tool.
FIXED Crash when adding a disk as a library location on windows
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

hibidy wrote:Is there a release note section? I'd like to keep up with the progress.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5695571

Posted in my thread. I don't see anything on their site but maybe they are planning on posting it in the forum and I just beat them to starting the thread this time.

Thomas, is there some page that you copied both of those from?

Ogopogo wrote:Thomas, is there some page that you copied both of those from?
It's in the install directory after installation "Changes.html"

Cheers,

Tom

Just another heads up: while working with the virtual midi cable tools, I found a workaround for not being able to record the results of midi generators:
Send it out to a virtual midi port via the Hardware Instrument Device and record the same device on another Instrument Track.
Not perfect, but eases the pain considerably here ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Thomas, is there some page that you copied both of those from?
It's in the install directory after installation "Changes.html"

Cheers,

Tom
TY

Thanks Thomas. I certainly do not expect you to post all that every time.

Well, I was just reading it when you asked ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

hui, almost read most stuff and had some good time checking stuff out. So far its good fun but i`ll wait buying it until some stuff is sorted. I do miss track delay like in live or in cubase via midi modifier, did i overlook it, or is it not in yet?

then i struggle with my Midi Controller Cakewalk A-300 Pro, might check out your script Thomas and hope i get it to work. Friend of mine is asking about his Akai APC-40 integration, he cannot trigger clips with it. Has that one already been sorted out?

But otherwise so far i`m really happy with the program and think it will grow pretty nice..

Suloo wrote:hui, almost read most stuff and had some good time checking stuff out. So far its good fun but i`ll wait buying it until some stuff is sorted. I do miss track delay like in live or in cubase via midi modifier, did i overlook it, or is it not in yet?

then i struggle with my Midi Controller Cakewalk A-300 Pro, might check out your script Thomas and hope i get it to work. Friend of mine is asking about his Akai APC-40 integration, he cannot trigger clips with it. Has that one already been sorted out?

But otherwise so far i`m really happy with the program and think it will grow pretty nice..

hehe, tomatoe cat :hihi:

@ Thomas, DSan, or others who've been Bitwigging since January...

It's ... very interesting ... from an architectural point of view, that it's kinda sorta like Reaper, that all tracks are kinda the same, even fx channels, but it seems to go even farther. I mean, you can put anything anywhere which makes me look for random possibilities. That's just the way my brain works. Honestly, I've never seen a daw that allows putting media clips on the master track, or on it's dedicated fx busses. Even the master bus seems to be just another audio / midi track, not so much just a bus.

It's kinda sick - architecturally - that you can even record directly onto the master track in arrange. Not just record the master but record on it. I can't say I've personally seen this kind of universal track architecture before.

My brain tells me that this track architecture will likely allow doing something really unique, i just have no clue what that might be yet.

Anyway, forget all the loopy non-linear stuff for a short second. That bit is what is intriguing to me.

Your thoughts?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”