The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Why do we need to wait one more month? It's finished damnit.
Bitwig

krixa wrote:Why do we need to wait one more month? It's finished damnit.
One way to avoid a cracked version before the release.
It's easy if you know how

What I mean is why should the release be at the end of next month when it seems the product is finished. There's even a boxed version shown on the namm videos.
Bitwig

*it seems*

Do you think you know the status of the product better than the company actually releasing it?

No, I don't.
Do you think the product is not finished?
Bitwig

According to comments here in KVR forums, there have been new beta versions after NAMM. So clearly some changes have been made after the show. I believe they chose a release day which allows them to do some last minute bug fixing, make the demo version and whatever other preparations that they need so that everything is ready when people will start downloading v1.0.

My guess is that they will be working on it right up to release day. Then they'll continue to work on it once it's on sale, as the bug reports will start coming in from the users. Then they will continue working on it to release version 1.1, 1.2 etc.

virtualmark wrote:My guess is that they will be working on it right up to release day. Then they'll continue to work on it once it's on sale, as the bug reports will start coming in from the users. Then they will continue working on it to release version 1.1, 1.2 etc.
I agree. Bitwig asked me not to publish anything yet in case stuff changes, and there have been new versions since NAMM. As you say, nothing is ever 'finished', and every piece of software has bugs.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

Is it ready yet?

I know it has been discussed before, but is there an definitive answer about support for polyphonic aftertouch?

Yes, polyphonic aftertouch can be used for polyphonic note expressions in Bitwig Studio, we added this recently to the control surface scripting API. It also can be used as a modulation source in Polysynth.
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

Nice one! Thanks for the info photone :)

And welcome to the forum!

ps: are you also considering other stereo panning options? :)

Thanks for chiming in photone. Any info straight from the devs is much appreciated. Can I ask if you guys are including input quantize in v1? That is pretty important to me but I can't find anything about it.

Also, I NEED YOU TO LET ME INTO THE BETA RIGHT NOW DONT THINK JUST SEND ME THE INVITE ITS OK YOU WONT REGRET IT I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT I WILL ANSWER ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH

photone wrote:Yes, polyphonic aftertouch can be used for polyphonic note expressions in Bitwig Studio, we added this recently to the control surface scripting API. It also can be used as a modulation source in Polysynth.
I have a relatively OT question but since AT is brought up......

I hope that justins panorama does a better job of aftertouch than something like my impulse. I fing HATE trying to use aftertouch with it. Triggers when I don't want it, doesn't when I do. I have to filter aftertouch out and just forget about it. I've never had a controller that works well with aftertouch.

Ok, rant over, now back to bitwig and it's cool aftertouch capability....

Ogopogo wrote:
Also, I NEED YOU TO LET ME INTO THE BETA RIGHT NOW DONT THINK JUST SEND ME THE INVITE ITS OK YOU WONT REGRET IT I WILL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT I WILL ANSWER ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Image :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”