The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

humanbeingbeing wrote:but you've written a bunch of features here that are not even offered by most programs..
exporting midi is not offered by most DAW's?
recording the sustain pedal?
most DAW's don't let you organize a user library the way you want?

Anyway, you can have whatever opinion you wish.

I quite like Bitwig and can see myself switching from Live at some point. It's just that the more I explore Bitwig, my estimate of when that might happens gets longer...

pdxindy wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:but you've written a bunch of features here that are not even offered by most programs..

I quite like Bitwig and can see myself switching from Live at some point. It's just that the more I explore Bitwig, my estimate of when that might happens gets longer...
You and me both. :(
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

agree^^ :D

;)

hehe..meeooow xD

this thread is one of the best :lol:

That cat looks so happy :hihi:

hibidy wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:
hibidy wrote:Really? Well anyways, I use live everyday, in a variety of ways, 8 going 9 for about 18 months and it is floating my boat. I don't expect everyone to know my history, but I think that for the majority of people who have heard my rants over the years this is a significant statement.

Fanboi? You betcha. I get high just using live. I'm feeling rather blessed that I have this option. Bitwig? MEH, if you really pay attention, they are WAY behind and people that waited with baited breath are saying it's behind (no reason to shoot the messenger ;) )

I'm not routing for them one bit, though I certainly have no problem if they nail it. Live, it's still by far my Riker, and I'm thankful that I have it.
Well not to come off as more of less significant than you are (because I'm really not), but I actually started using Live about 12 years ago, using it daily, not months ago. Years ago. and I've released scores of actual productions... I've been following forums like this long before Ableton even existed.

Here are my opinions on your posts. Unnecessary at best. Unhelpful, maybe more useful on the Ableton board with the rest of the 'Fanboi''s (your word not mine). I think the gist of the data in your post is that you are happy with Live and for some inexplicable reason you are not 'routing' for Bitwig. Not to be a dick with words but in the spirit of the comeback :) Routing: Like Rt 66 Root: like cheering for someone.

Plus you threw in some thanks for Ableton and such. All good, but besides the point which is the debate... and bugs and discussion, etc -on this particular board no less, not the Ableton one.... how about you tell us what you don't like, maybe what you do like? :::::: "REALLY PAY ATTENTION" and deliver on that statement "they are WAY behind" --how so? I'd love to know. Honestly though, your timeframe is so small that you couldn't possibly appreciate the problems I've discussed... all you can do is take apps face to face, and not consider the HISTORY of the whole saga.
I have to address this specifically. I'm not here to win a popularity contest for you. I made a response to you post and now you have set off on some crusade. I don't agree with your comments nor do I think they are particularly useful as well. I called myself a fanboi of live and you twisted it into something else. Well, that is the kvr way :hihi:
I find it really strange that you talk about some popularity contest, maybe you're a bit touchy and I apologize if I've struck some kind of oversensitive nerve.. I think you're overestimating our engagement here... I'm in no contest with you, and actually reading what I wrote explicitly, I have not contested anything you've said, I have asked for more explanation.... also weird is this crusade bit, how is a single reply a crusade? although I will admit, I am on the Bitwig side so I'm playing defense for them...you've said you don't 'agree' with my comments, yet my post is a commentary, the only thing you could agree or disagree with is whether you personally can compare these apps, because that was the single and only conjecture I made... based on the fact that you said you have only been using Live for months.

pdxindy wrote:

I'm quite a pedantic and strictly typed kinda guy... what I wrote specifically is 'a bunch of features' - I did not say all features... of course I can have any opinion I wish, but IMHO those 3 features you listed are basic and could never justify classifying Bitwig as 'far behind' Ableton... the very idea that Bitwig is far behind Ableton is annoying to me, because in reality there is nothing that comes closer to Ableton than Bitwig.... it wasn't long ago people talking about Bitwig being an Ableton clone, next minute, it's 'way behind'... nah I just can't compute that verbage.

I agree about switching eventually, I hope it happens sooner than later.

It's all good though, I mean, if I came across the wrong way, wouldn't be the first time. But I'm going to speak my mind. And lolz at the lolz (which there is a lot of) and of course love the cat pics :)

trimph1 wrote:Considering that Bitwig was bantered abouts here for 2+ years before something even showed up, allegedly calling itself Bitwig :hihi: I think there were/are a lot of frustrated users out here.

Just check the Bitwig forum here...a lot of happy users right?

Since some have trouble with vapourware let us just call it.....a changling....
Look, I'd like to not have this turn into a huge Ableton/Bitwig debate but it obviously is.. because the app are obviously similar....I don't think we need to argue about what Ableton has and what Bitwig has, it's clear that both have things that are cool...and this whole thing echos throughout music technology history... a device or program comes out with some killer feature yet it's missing something else, it's always the same... and I personally have this dream app in my head, we all do I bet... how cool would it be if there was an app that had killer PDC, a piano roll like FL, polyphonic time and pitch manipulation like melodyne, comping like pro-tools and cubase, audio to midi like Ableton, controller integration like Ableton, Max4Live... etc etc. all apps have their pros and cons, it's f**king annoying... and therefore some apps are better for some than others... I do heavy automaton so I need PDC, but I also do controllerism so Cubase and the likes are out of the question.... I remember things being much worse with my first Akai sampler where literally every module was done with a different device by a different manufacturer.... I would prefer if we could all just work together to find that perfect app... I think arguing over Bitwig and Ableton isn't really helpful... I know I do it... but I've just gone over 3 years waiting for Ableton to deliver, and yeah, Bitwig caught hype which seems almost inevitable, I don't believe it's the disaster some are calling it, but what I do believe is that there is an opportunity here with some developers who are working hard and listening, this is a golden moment to get the features we want... Ableton didn't do it, they don't seem to listen or communicate and Ive been there the whole time, they seem to have stopped moving.... but I want to make it clear, if you are happy with Ableton great... just don't use that as a reason to dismiss Bitwig.... Bitwig is working for the people who aren't happy with Ableton and need other things.

hibidy wrote:It's all good though, I mean, if I came across the wrong way, wouldn't be the first time. But I'm going to speak my mind. And lolz at the lolz (which there is a lot of) and of course love the cat pics :)
:) bloody cat pics :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”