The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

When I demo'd BW I had my credit card ready and was expecting to buy it within an hour. IMO it's not mature enough to to be sold for AUD$479 (!), it's not a solid product quite yet. I will still keep an eye on it and if they keep the update pace up the way they do, it will be only a question of time.

so many bits so few wigs

If only bitwig had eight wigs maybe one megabyte of bugs would not scare everyone from disabling PDC (which by the way is a phenomenon of midi before sysex was around). I mean come on, how big is the installer, 150mb? Makes u think...

Can anyone agree that crashing plug-ins is not necessarily a bad thing, per se..?

Too expensive for the bugs and missing features. Sorry bitwig. :cry:

I've been demoing this briefly, and I was wondering… How do you get the clip view AND the Arrange showing at once? I did see that didn't I? Hmmm… I'm missing something.

DHR53 wrote:I've been demoing this briefly, and I was wondering… How do you get the clip view AND the Arrange showing at once? I did see that didn't I? Hmmm… I'm missing something.
Just below the master track are some small icons... the leftmost one brings up the clip launcher next to track view

can also press L (iirc) while looking at arranger.

Thanks Guys! I like the look of the program, but not sure I'd pay this much just for another DAW, from what I've seen so far… Still testing though… Woo Hoo!

The modulation system is outstanding!! It is a helluva lot of fun... It is dangerous cause it is easy to get hooked on it! :hihi:

pdxindy wrote:The modulation system is outstanding!! It is a helluva lot of fun... It is dangerous cause it is easy to get hooked on it! :hihi:
I would appreciate it a lot more if I liked the sounds of the instruments. There is something in the top end I really don't like. Especially when fm is used. Sounds like sand/dust (I know how weird that sounds but it's what I always think!). Nails on a chalkboard effect for me sometimes. But for some thing I don't mind them.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
pdxindy wrote:The modulation system is outstanding!! It is a helluva lot of fun... It is dangerous cause it is easy to get hooked on it! :hihi:
I would appreciate it a lot more if I liked the sounds of the instruments. There is something in the top end I really don't like. Especially when fm is used. Sounds like sand/dust (I know how weird that sounds but it's what I always think!). Nails on a chalkboard effect for me sometimes. But for some thing I don't mind them.
Now that VST handling is much better... :)

TheKid wrote:Too expensive for the bugs and missing features. Sorry bitwig. :cry:
Pretty much summarize how I feel about it. Especially for the price.

Tbh, it doesnt add anything desirable to my workflow as well. Still I can see why it could become desirable for some people. Not for me though. :shrug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

At long last Bitwig is both out, and has managed to dissapoint some, perhaps, unrealistic high expectations as well. :P

So, now what we have is an actual DAW that will be interesting to see grow. I will probably wait until side-chaining with third party plugins will be made possible, it is too important for my workflow to be without - and I rather stay with my bought VST-compressors then using the supplemented one.

It's always disappointing for me when the first couple things I try don't work. So drag and drop was something I use a lot and everything I have (currently) does. So BAM! No word on that from them either… as I sent a letter to tech support inquiring and nothing so far. Expectations aside it is a nice option for people in between a linear sequencer and Live. That may be what they're shooting for...

DHR53 wrote:Expectations aside it is a nice option for people in between a linear sequencer and Live. That may be what they're shooting for...
It is a really fun sound design environment too... The built-in modulation system is super sweet. Say you want to put a chorus after a synth. Then the Bitwig chorus has a wet-fx slot so you can drop any device only on the wet signal. The delay can have any device in its feedback loop... and so on... it is a very fluid and creative workspace.

When you nest an eq in say the Polysynth, you can use the Polysynth LFO to modulate the center frequency/gain/q of an eq node.

Every device has macro knobs.

DHR53 wrote:It's always disappointing for me when the first couple things I try don't work. So drag and drop was something I use a lot and everything I have (currently) does. So BAM! No word on that from them either… as I sent a letter to tech support inquiring and nothing so far. Expectations aside it is a nice option for people in between a linear sequencer and Live. That may be what they're shooting for...
Yeah. In all seriousness I have to agree that it's hardly fun when stuff don't work like expected. But my expectations has been quite modest, and I try to remind myself that it is just a 1.0 release. Not to defend any silence on their part, but I suspect they might be swamped with initial responses. I know I haven't received any answers from my own mails as well - I hope they will be better in this respect eventually, otherwise it might create unessecary frustration on behalf of users.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”