The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Ok thanks! Can understand that you want us to get in and not getting bothered all the time.. :)

thanks for your contribution!
Last edited by llze on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heheheh - no, I'm not "bothered" by you guys, but there's only so much you can do with words...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:I've not much time these days, but so far it looks okay. Still some work left, but mostly niggles and set dressing. I don't think there will be anything really new featurewise before release.

I look forward to learn their plans on release date and price at Namm.
Hopefully it's not too far off, so you guys an' gals can have a go at it yourself finally ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

No no... We expect in depth reports and tutorials from you on every aspect of the program at least 5 times a week... get crackin!

:lol:

Now, seriously, will you leave your current DAW to work with Bitwig?

:?: :?: :?:

The only thing that could keep me from uninstalling Reaper the second I'm done with my first Bitwig session is if Bitwig caused my computer to implode.

It depends, cant say without using it. But probaply i wouldn`t start fresh projects in cubase, finish the old ones and after that turn over to bitwig, since i see a combination of cubase & live in it, wich is what i`m looking for..

Even if it will cost 800$+?

:?: :?: :?:

not if they write it in that big letters..

seriously, what are you aiming for, and why do you suggest such a big price. I do not expect this..
Last edited by llze on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well that would throw a wrench into the works. But I think it's likely it will be much more reasonable than that.

Ableton Live suite costs 749$...
I think Bitwig will be on the same boat. Don't you yhink?

I don't think so, there is supposed to be one real version of bitwig for sale so it might make sense to price that against abletons standard version. There will also be a stripped down version that will come with hardware apparently though. Then there is the fact that bitwig is a smaller company with less people to pay, and the fact that they are the underdogs looking to steal market share.

So I would be surprised if it were that high. My track record for predictions is not great in this thread though. I think they said they plan to announce pricing at namm so we will see soon enough.

No, suite is full of intruments, sample packs and m4l and whatnot..stuff that Bitwig doesn`t seem to offer in that range..i see it more in the studio one league..

Well we'll see..
By the way, when will be the Bitwig's day at NAMM?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”