The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

That's a long list.

I agree. Can't win when you're up against idiots. I'm out.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

No, they just knew how to deal with haters.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Somehow I think this thread has finally reached it's "best before" date for me... :clown:

In some weeks everybody can try BWS and find out if it's for her/him.
The most important things have been discussed, the not so important things even more extensively...

We've seen wonderful cat pics and some dogs too, heard some very interesting opinions and some not so interesting ones, we had well founded questions, criticism and ideas as well as totally nutty comments... :party:

Somehow I feel sated. 8)
So I'll take my leave now and wish everybody an interesting musical journey - if it will include BWS or not.

Take care and thanks for the lively discussions!
I learned a lot :-)

Over, Out and Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

:wink:

.... and what about audio recording in Bitwig studio?... I heard nothing about it. :?

Understandable, Tom. Thank you very much for making the thread as interesting as it was, we owe you. :clap:

Regnas wrote:.... and what about audio recording in Bitwig studio?... I heard nothing about it. :?
What would you like to know?

ThomasHelzle wrote:Somehow I think this thread has finally reached it's "best before" date for me... :clown:

In some weeks everybody can try BWS and find out if it's for her/him.
The most important things have been discussed, the not so important things even more extensively...

We've seen wonderful cat pics and some dogs too, heard some very interesting opinions and some not so interesting ones, we had well founded questions, criticism and ideas as well as totally nutty comments... :party:

Somehow I feel sated. 8)
So I'll take my leave now and wish everybody an interesting musical journey - if it will include BWS or not.

Take care and thanks for the lively discussions!
I learned a lot :-)

Over, Out and Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for all your helpful information! Much appreciated by all!

Does anyone know if the parameters in Bitwig respond to mouse wheel/trackpads? And in a sensible smooth manner? For example some soft synths respond beautifully like Zebra, which i actually a joy to use with a trackpad, but many are jumpy or step coarsely. Ableton Live parameters on their devices (or mixer) don't respond at all to mouse wheel/trackpad. Most DAWs do have reasonable control this way. Please tell me Bitwig play nice with mouse and trackpads (not just for scrolling).

cheers

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Oh yeah, can you use the mousewheel on faders and knobs in Bitwig? It kills me that you can't do that in ableton (afaik). After using Reaper where you can use the wheel on fader or ctrl+wheel to make fine adjustments (around .1db), having to "grab" the fader in ableton gets really old, especially for those small adjustments.
Good Question ;-)

SHIFT + left mouse is for fine control on faders and knobs, CTRL opens a value field (as you can see in the screenshots, many controls don't show values by default, but as soon as you move them, you see the values as a flyout - even if you just click them. With CTRL you get a kind of flyout-value-edit-box. Doubleclick is reset to default - which I prefer a lot over the awkward delete on a selected control in Live.

Right mouseclick opens the local menu, on knobs you also have a reset to defaults, "Learn control mapping" for midi control and "Create automation lane".

ATM the mousewheel does nothing here (I don't use a mouse normally so I just double checked). Well, that could be easy to implement later I guess.

Cheers,

Tom
That was Oct 13, though so who knows if they've changed that. Mousewheeling on the fader is kinda vital to me. Making small tweaks to faders in ableton really tries my patience.

Ogopogo wrote:
Regnas wrote:.... and what about audio recording in Bitwig studio?... I heard nothing about it. :?
What would you like to know?
If it's good for recording live instruments/vocals... Can I record a orchestra in Bitwig?
Apply destructive effects on audio clips.... (it's possible?)

Think Acid Pro for reference...

Hmmm, sorry, I don't know what the specific needs there are for recording an orchestra. Planning on recording one soon? :wink:

You can apply track effects to clips destructively by bouncing in place or to another track so that is possible, unless you want clips to have their own fx, which it doesn't do.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ogopogo wrote:That was Oct 13, though so who knows if they've changed that. Mousewheeling on the fader is kinda vital to me. Making small tweaks to faders in ableton really tries my patience.
I sure hope it's changed. Useful trackpad/mousewheel response provides a vastly different experience to click/drag or double tap/drag (or whatever technique for trackpad). Really makes it a more pleasurable experience.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”