PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

It will be released next month !! (possibly) :pray:

Well at least it'll be released this year, that's for sure. :hyper:

I'm going to miss the cats...

sonicpowa wrote:It will be released next month !! (possibly) :pray:

Well at least it'll be released this year, that's for sure. :hyper:
Or at least next year.........

Well... Bitwig Studio has been undergoing beta-testing surgery for a long time now.

I don't think they will release a public-beta, but rather an official release version 1.0

When ? My guess is anytime between Sept. 1st and Oct. 31 st. So.. Buckle up, Bitwig Studio will finally show up, and lots of starving cats will have an awesome feast here.

Good Times Ahead.

Cheers,

Muziksculp

Well I can't believe I am saying this, me, with all the vapourware jokes I have thrown at bitwig. But with my recent disillusion at logic, if bitwig get this right, there really is a chance for it to be spectacular. Maybe it really IS taking so long cause they want it to be perfec. Maybe it will have amazing performance on mac.. For example. Who knows if they were close to release then realised they'd need some sort of hybrid engine to compete performance wise with logic and cubase? This would take a lot of coding to implement. Or who knows if they realised pdc and automation wasn't flawless and they needed to make sure it was? To not have any downfall in regards that area? I have started being really positive about it that maybe its taking so long cause its simply gonna be that damn good.

Muziksculp wrote:Well... Bitwig Studio has been undergoing beta-testing surgery for a long time now.

I don't think they will release a public-beta, but rather an official release version 1.0

When ? My guess is anytime between Sept. 1st and Oct. 31 st. So.. Buckle up, Bitwig Studio will finally show up, and lots of starving cats will have an awesome feast here.

Good Times Ahead.

Cheers,

Muziksculp
Right on...dude,my sentiments exactly.Whoever started the rumor about "public beta testing",was simply a frustrated individual..who wanted to stir up some shit,because that person was having a tantrum over Bitwig not having been released when he or she wanted it.

That's the whole problem in the software market,which is that a bunch of impatient,5 star tools..bitch & moan about what they want when they want it and that's all they care about.
Most software developers(particular the big ones),always capitalize on this impatience and deliver a product that meets the desired scheduled date and then then people wonder why their DAW's are riddled with bugs and why the updates eliminate old bugs and create new ones.
I'm not saying this is the primary cause for buggy software,but I believe it is a significant factor.

What Bitwig is offering,is unprecedented...so naturally,such software is going to take a lot of time to perfect.

The closest thing to perfection right now,in terms of stability,is Studio One(of which I own)...but Bitwig is offering so many more exciting & extremely useful features and in order for all of Bitwig's features to work properly,it has to be thoroughly tested and I can only imagine,just how complex a situation this is,for the software developers at Bitwig.
Why can't more people understand this?

"Public beta testing"...really?How can anyone not realize how f**king ridiculous that sounds?
Beta testing has always been restricted to it being a precursor to a finalized version and has always involved a limited amount of testers,for a limited time...why would this ever change?

If by some chance,Bitwig's 1.0 is slightly flawed in some way,it will probably still be more stable than just about anything else that has ever been released before it and more than likely,Bitwig will work harder than anyone,to fix anything & everything,that is less than perfect.
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

Live uses public beta testing. It's not absurd.

When Bitwig comes out for real, it will no doubt...

...KICK ASS!

Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

hibidy wrote:Live uses public beta testing. It's not absurd.
Where you there? Because it is. Very much so. :lol:

wasi wrote:
Hold up yo!!!!!!! I mean, you know what I mean! :x

hibidy wrote:
wasi wrote:
Hold up yo!!!!!!! I mean, you know what I mean! :x
:lol: Yeah, but I assume you do too?

TheoM wrote:Well I can't believe I am saying this, me, with all the vapourware jokes I have thrown at bitwig. But with my recent disillusion at logic, if bitwig get this right, there really is a chance for it to be spectacular. Maybe it really IS taking so long cause they want it to be perfec. Maybe it will have amazing performance on mac.. For example. Who knows if they were close to release then realised they'd need some sort of hybrid engine to compete performance wise with logic and cubase? This would take a lot of coding to implement. Or who knows if they realised pdc and automation wasn't flawless and they needed to make sure it was? To not have any downfall in regards that area? I have started being really positive about it that maybe its taking so long cause its simply gonna be that damn good.
What lowers my estimation of the Bitwigs is their lack of proper communication in regard to their product.

If they would have kept it private things would have been different. But they have taken every chance to demonstrate this WIP product in public (at exhibitions, in online videos, etc).

It would be an easy thing for them to just say "hey guys, we understand you want to testdrive this baby ASAP, but the reason things are delayed is because we discovered that we need to work more on X, Y, Z - thanks for your patience!"... This is basic communication skills and also elementary customer relations practice.

To me, the Bitwig guys seem very ignorant. So it doesn't really matter if they deliver something good in the distant version 1.0 future - with that kind of attitude they won't get my support anyway.

Also, suppose we get Bitwig 1.0. Then how long is it going to take for them to get to 1.5 or 2.0? Would the current situation repeat, with non-public beta testing going on for years?
---

Hopefully Bitwig will have an official Bitwig Studio Forum. Where they will engage with their users.

There is an Unofficial Bitwig Studio forum at Bitwig Beats http://www.bitwigbeats.com/ which might also increase communication channels.

But surely, an Official Bitwig Studio Forum is a must have if they want to do things the proper/professional way.

So far there is no official Bitwig Studio Forum. We shall see what happens.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

TheoM wrote:Well I can't believe I am saying this, me, with all the vapourware jokes I have thrown at bitwig. But with my recent disillusion at logic, if bitwig get this right, there really is a chance for it to be spectacular.
I feel exactly the same after seeing what Live 9 had on offer (and what previously functional stuff they broke) :P ... I've been critical of Bitwig, even vented on their Facebook page a long time ago, but I'm completely serious when I say, okay, the PR could have gone better, but this can really be a substantial DAW product I can see myself using instead of the route Live is taking.

Like you said, if they get it right, of course. The thing is, currently I kind of have that certain vibe... all jokes aside... that they are actually on their way to getting it that way.

decalogue wrote:
TheoM wrote:Well I can't believe I am saying this, me, with all the vapourware jokes I have thrown at bitwig. But with my recent disillusion at logic, if bitwig get this right, there really is a chance for it to be spectacular.
What lowers my estimation of the Bitwigs is their lack of proper communication in regard to their product.

If they would have kept it private things would have been different. But they have taken every chance to demonstrate this WIP product in public (at exhibitions, in online videos, etc).

It would be an easy thing for them to just say "hey guys, we understand you want to testdrive this baby ASAP, but the reason things are delayed is because we discovered that we need to work more on X, Y, Z - thanks for your patience!"... This is basic communication skills and also elementary customer relations practice.

To me, the Bitwig guys seem very ignorant. So it doesn't really matter if they deliver something good in the distant version 1.0 future - with that kind of attitude they won't get my support anyway.

Also, suppose we get Bitwig 1.0. Then how long is it going to take for them to get to 1.5 or 2.0? Would the current situation repeat, with non-public beta testing going on for years?
You want communication?Here's an overview of their communications;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQhgbJSpmI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz5nH05MAWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Tjwkeq7MA

This video below,illustrates precisely,why Bitwig does not want to release Bitwig Studio prematurely;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHC5QDia8js

If this is not an adequate amount of communication for you,then visit Bitwig's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/bitwig

Speaking of ignorance,can you not differentiate between the development of a a radically new DAW before it's debut as a finalized,working host and the subsequent updates post-release?
How friggin' ignorant can you be,that you don't understand that during the development stages of a proprietary new host,that it takes an inordinately long time to sort something out this complex?
Once Bitwig Studio is stable and working properly on all 3 computer platforms it's designed for,all of the future updates should take considerably less time to complete,because all of the major issues have already been ironed out.

First you are complaining that there was insufficient communication and yet,in the very same post,you complain that Bitwig should have communicated less,by keeping things private?
What are you saying?That you would prefer that Bitwig didn't make any mention of their product at all publicly and that they should have just dumped some mysterious product in your lap and say; "here ya go...what do you think..do you like?"

As indicated in the last video,Bitwig is a small company(which most everyone could surmise without having seen the video) and that if they spent a great deal of their time streaming all of the details publicly and answering all of the arbitrary complaints(or worse)...released a premature version of Bitwig Studio(& then having to deal with being inundated with tech support communications),then they would get nothing done.

If a company that is unflinchingly dedicated to creating a rock solid product upon release and it has the features you need,then it's worth waiting for.

However,if all you care about is making vaporware jokes and crucifying Bitwig for how they conduct business,then go waste your money on some shit software you don't really need and then find yourself wishing you had waited patiently for your dream software,when it does arrive...if that'll make you happy.

By the way,if you comment on their Facebook page and don't receive an announcement from them right away,then that means they are extremely busy working hard on delivering a quality product for some of you ungrateful turds.

Announcements from Bitwig come as the progress occurs and the launch of the product will happen in due time & not before.
You don't like it,go occupy yourself with something else or just boycott Bitwig altogether.

I for one,became tired of hearing myself complain about some of the shit-ware I've purchased(namely Mixcraft & Sonar)...so that being said,I am happy to wait for Bitwig Studio to be released and even if this does not happen this year,then if I have to wait until January 2014,then that's fine...because I know that I will be buying software that just works as it should and that my money wasn't wasted.
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”