The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

For anybody who wants to have more useful Names for Input Devices that aren't part of the Factory Library, I created a little Tutorial on how to create your own Controller Scripts instead of having several "Midi Keyboard" in a row ;-)

But don't fear, it's really dead simple!!!

Find it here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5693803

Cheers,

Tom

"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

codec17 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I loaded Maschine into Bitwig and it looked like it was all the same window. Like the interface just continued and it was all one. I call it Maschitwig.
:neutral: As vst? Cause it doesn,t appear in my vst list... also short circuit2 sampler... :( Rest of NI appears in the list...
Yeah as VST. Mine shows up fine.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Cakewalk Project 5?

Lol someone posted a screenshot of that before but I don't think it had the inspector in it. Maybe people should stop calling it an ableton clone and start calling it a Project 5 clone.

Ogopogo wrote:Lol someone posted a screenshot of that before but I don't think it had the inspector in it. Maybe people should stop calling it an ableton clone and start calling it a Project 5 clone.

Ahaha, sorry didn't notice it before till I saw it on Abletons forums lol

Aren't there a few Reaper skins that fit that look as well?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

LawrenceF wrote:Interesting. I guess because I'm logged on as admin it treats it that way?

The first thing I did was go into the exe file properties and check "Run as Admin" thinking that might change it, but from what you say, running it as admin, actually being logged on as admin (same thing?) creates the issue in the first place.

No way to test that here really, all of my logins are admin accounts.
Hello Lawrence - as I understand it, logging in as an Administrator-type user and running a program is not the same as running that program "as Administrator" (as IK Multimedia product users will confirm). The User Account Control settings are relevant too.

If you wish you can experiment using SampleTank 2 Free.
LawrenceF wrote: Interestingly enough, it doesn't happen with other apps (of course, that doesn't necessarily prove anything really, just saying).

Thanks DSan.

At any rate, this thing is kinda fun to play with, even with the obstacles.
Just to be clear:
  • running another host (Reaper?) "as Admin" with AD or EZD loaded, MIDI patterns can be dragged directly from AD or EZD into that host's Arranger?
  • running Bitwig "as Admin" with AD or EZD loaded, MIDI patterns cannot be dragged directly from AD or EZD into Bitwig's Arranger?
If so, that sounds like the D&D mechanism (used by the host?) is different. Some use a method whereby the MIDI is saved to disk then reloaded.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

julioelgenio wrote:Image

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Cakewalk Project 5?
wow its carbon copy....

Drag & Drop from outside the DAW to the DAW is Afaik not working as admin because of user access restrictions. This doesn't work also with Cubase.
The interesting thing is, Bitwig runs different processes for every plug-in or at least on process with the same privileges as the host. So, this could block the Drag & Drop thingy. But I have not tested this, because I never run the DAW as admin.

DarkStar wrote:Just to be clear:
  • running another host (Reaper?) "as Admin" with AD or EZD loaded, MIDI patterns can be dragged directly from AD or EZD into that host's Arranger?
  • running Bitwig "as Admin" with AD or EZD loaded, MIDI patterns cannot be dragged directly from AD or EZD into Bitwig's Arranger?
If so, that sounds like the D&D mechanism (used by the host?) is different. Some use a method whereby the MIDI is saved to disk then reloaded.
Yes to both. I can run another host from the start menu right click "Run As Admin", and the D&D of patterns from AD and EZD still work (in Win 7 anyway, haven't tried in Win 8 ). It doesn't work in BWS either way, running as admin or not. The one I tried was S1. D&D from those plugs works either way, admin or not.

I tried it both ways in BWS, also switching to "Global Process" for plugs, same thing. Not a big deal, I'm just doodling around with the thing. I just mentioned it in case they want to look at it closer internally.

The other comment was just informational for me. I didn't know if being logged in as admin is the same as running as admin or not. I wondered if I am logged in as as admin and run an app, would Windows treat it the same or not.

Thanks Darkstar.

Haven't had time to read a million pages on this thread yet, but has anyone tested BW functionality routing out/back in from external hardware (synths and/or effects)?

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

siriusbliss wrote:Haven't had time to read a million pages on this thread yet, but has anyone tested BW functionality routing out/back in from external hardware (synths and/or effects)?

G
You might wanna ask in the bitwig forum:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=259

siriusbliss wrote:Haven't had time to read a million pages on this thread yet, but has anyone tested BW functionality routing out/back in from external hardware (synths and/or effects)?

G
siriusbliss - you may want to pick up reading from page 369 or so. There have been some hints and information worthwhile reading since the release of BWS.

Thomas has been particularly helpful with providing some add-ons for routing that you should likely take advantage of.

Also, be sure to visit the Bitwig forum now created here on KVR, like Ogopogo suggests. Although it has significantly filled over the last couple of days there is great information within.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

G
There are a few threads on the subject in the Bitwig forum. Mostly about issues with bouncing audio not working

Some users are finding bounce / bounce in place is crashing at 48 Khz sample rate. 44.1 Khz seems to be most reliable, someone replied to say it works at 96 Khz.

Real time render or bounce in place for hardware effects is not currently implemented. I raised this issue during beta testing, greater flexibility will be added to these dialogs in a future update.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”