So the Propellerhead's forum is down. Post in here if you normally post there.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Antidote Parsec 2 Reason 12

Oh yeah, one sounds much better than subtractor, (imo) just much higher quality, much juicier sound.. If i was using reason one would be a must have, in the vst land there are more alternatives but it's definitely a good synth and reasonably priced, problem is it needs some more patches to showcase it imo.

TheoM wrote:Oh yeah, one sounds much better than subtractor, (imo) just much higher quality, much juicier sound.. If i was using reason one would be a must have, in the vst land there are more alternatives but it's definitely a good synth and reasonably priced, problem is it needs some more patches to showcase it imo.
There's quite a lot of patches that come with the RE actually (stock sounds plus a bunch of patches that KVR peeps had included from the VST). Additionally, Noel G of the Reasonistas FB group organized a community refill which comes with over 300 patches - much of it quite fantastic. As always, some very talented Reason heads made some fantastic Combinators which push One even further. Loves me some Combi!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
TheoM wrote:Oh yeah, one sounds much better than subtractor, (imo) just much higher quality, much juicier sound.. If i was using reason one would be a must have, in the vst land there are more alternatives but it's definitely a good synth and reasonably priced, problem is it needs some more patches to showcase it imo.
There's quite a lot of patches that come with the RE actually (stock sounds plus a bunch of patches that KVR peeps had included from the VST). Additionally, Noel G of the Reasonistas FB group organized a community refill which comes with over 300 patches - much of it quite fantastic. As always, some very talented Reason heads made some fantastic Combinators which push One even further. Loves me some Combi!
V1.01 of One was just released with a whole bunch of amazing Exode presets. That guy's programming is amazing. I'll buy any sound bank he makes! :)

Ken

Please exode transfer those to the VST version! :-o

kHs One has a surprisingly meaty saw wave. The filter has decent bite as well, somewhat reminiscent of my Nord Lead 2, but unlike the NL2 it doesn't lose the bottom end with increased resonance.

Hey thanks! I'm a big fan of your work as well - especially your tutorial stuff which is such a great contribution to our community.

Of course I'm willing to collaborate. If you have something specific in mind, definitely drop me a line (are you on RER yet?). Otherwise I'll keep you in mind for upcoming stuff in general.
Reason101 wrote: As for Jeremy & Nucleus Soundlab, He's an awesome sound designer, and any of his ReFills are very worthwhile to have in your collection. I would love to collaborate with him on something down the road. That would be fun. Of course, it's finding the time that would be the problem. And if he'd be willing, of course.

Just found this thread and thought I'd say hi. My username on the Propellerhead forums is (was?) gwynebiau. Nice to see some familiar names around. Been a long time, Theo. Hope things are good for you these days. :)

Hi welcome!!

Hi gwyn. Good to see another face over here on the dark aide (I was refering to the forum colour) :D

so they say they been geeking at props with some synths and now they are on vacation .

by reading up the news letter one thing I can guess is that we aint having the Forum back for some time !

they could have at least geek with us by doing a fun music making month christmass party bash on streaming LOL

so what is next ? yhea RE's I know :)

let's make some suggestions for them today because the darkness of winter is knowed to kill creativity :D

well suggestion number one : I would like a sampler that can Mix tracks dj styll with fx 's and export the result on the sequencer , this would be a rack thing but not a RE :)

any suggestions ? :wink:

I take it no one has heard any status updates from the Props on the board? It's pretty disappointing really and I can imagine that it will materially affect sales for new RE's which in turn will stop other developers bothering with the platform.

cyberheater wrote:I take it no one has heard any status updates from the Props on the board? It's pretty disappointing really and I can imagine that it will materially affect sales for new RE's which in turn will stop other developers bothering with the platform.
:cry:

LOL ,

maybe they where working and had no time for that ?

maybe some of the staff will drop by in a anonymous way :)

maybe they already are there , maybe the invasion as started on day one :D

I'm in touch with Anders from Props, but that was about 3 weeks ago. Believe me, they're working on a solution - but everyone needs to understand that it's a holiday month in Sweden. In fact, Glad Lucia just began this past week - they're pretty short handed this time of year.

I'm guessing we'll see something in January sometime. In the meantime, there's FB and KVR. I think we'll all survive! :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Lets face it, Props are slow at everything.... How many years for midi?? OOooooooh WOW I get 1 midi CC............... Oh Get a life PH!!! at least make it 8 or 16...
Expect the forum up in a few years, Expect VSTi's in a few dozen years...
They are constantly trying to re-invent the wheel, but they miss out on so much in their en-devour to be unique. Even their xmas sale is lack luster to say the least. Why not just give us a discount code to be used store wide? Let us have some choice? Oh no lets put up the same old same old, the ones that always offer sales....

I am not a hater, I absolutely love the SSL mixer in Reason, I love its stability to crashes, these 2 things are something I never had in any other DAW. And this is why I still use R7.

But come on.... Even Parsec "I am Parsec" what a waste of such limited and non user configurable sample space.... Really?? oh yeah lets try make the next generation of songs say to everyone "I am Parsec" Talk about waste of space....

I'd rather see SDK 2.0 implemented than the forum get resurrected, but I can't see a 2.0, the problem with PH is they have limited themselves to been backwards compatible in their versions, which is why they will find it very difficult to do SDK 2.0 due to their own self inflicted restrictions.

Reason 7 itself is a finished product, they can end the line right now. Start a whole new version built upon the existing model and allow other devs to really go for it, stop this bullshit of it must fit in the rack... we're in the digital age now, its not a real rack and therefore shouldn't have to conform to those restrictions. Send notes to track.... Allow Sample imports... Allow multiple Screens of a rack device... Grow up PH and stop implying the childish restrictions and notion that your software has to be a rack unit.... Or at least re-design your boxed software so that I can rack mount it, cos currently its not compatible with my rack unit..

I heard somewhere the other day that they're working on a 3D implementation of the rack. I was a bit surprised by that as personally I cannot imagine this being a useful addition to my workflow. Of course I could be wrong. I would like Reason 7.5 or 8 to improve in its sequencer portion and tools. What I would like to see added is a smart tool, relative and absolute snap and more key commands. I am perfectly fine with the closed environment. I think that's what makes Reason so stable. And as mentioned before I love the whole one click to load updates and devices because everything is in my account. I can't count the amount of time I have spent over the years chasing updates of my plugins. Drives me crazy!

Ken

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”