NAMM 2014: Bitwig Studio - New videos

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayjob wrote:the modulation system the way you can drag and drop between everything and everything else is pretty smooth/smart and seems well done. this is very appealing to me
indeed... the modulation system looks impressive!

:tu:

Any ideas what the EQ is like? I've watched most of these videos and don't remember seeing one used. Just wondering if it has built in spectrum.

aroundtown wrote:Any ideas what the EQ is like? I've watched most of these videos and don't remember seeing one used. Just wondering if it has built in spectrum.
no built-in spectrum

These videos and features all look pretty cool. The only question that I have is whether the PDC keeps the internal timing of tempo based effects in sync with the master clock when chained in a series or not? Anyone know?

Otherwise it looks to be on target as a next generation DAW and has piqued my interest.

Thomas said yes i think, PDC is working correct, none of the beta testers reported any issues there..

At least a couple people have reported no problems with pdc, technically no one has spoken on that specifically so it's not really a shut issue, but the fact that nothing has come to light on that is reassuring to me; I'm sure people are comparing it to ableton.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ogopogo wrote:At least a couple people have reported no problems with pdc, technically no one has spoke on that specifically so it's not really a shut issue, but the fact that nothing has come to light on that is reassuring to me; I'm sure people are comparing it to ableton.
I also would not consider it settled... the lack of pdc for automation in Live did not exactly get well known right away.

I don't consider it settled until there is feedback regarding specific tests to check various aspects of pdc in Bitwig.

Mostly Nektar centered, but some Bitwig stuff to be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6qqWMUFue4#t=11
Last edited by Ogopogo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pretty nice how one can select the tracks to show the content in the midi editor that way..

I love the track/clip midi stuff, it looks really simple. Thanks fire.

I like how the guy says "you heard it here first" but this is like the 20 video in the thread and he's probably like the 100th guy to go up to the booth.

Ogopogo wrote:I love the track/clip midi stuff, it looks really simple. Thanks fire.
Yeah, being able to edit the track and not just a single clip... and multiple tracks even...

I've been happy with Live, but Bitwig looks impressive.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”