Tracktion 5 now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:I've got no interest in a vertical mixer, but I sure wouldn't mind a way to get the rightmost level meters for my tracks to actually line up consistently, ie they were all a consistent width. I find it strangely distracting that they're not vertically aligned while Im trying to visually monitor multiple tracks at once. I know the rightmost filter might not be a meter, but if any are, they should line up, IMO.
Actually you got to the essence of what I was asking for, some way to relate the levels visually in a 1:1 dimensions relationship; if they are offset it's difficult to visually line them up and ballpark the relationships. If they lined up and were the same dimensions I wouldn't have even asked.

Maybe what's needed is a visualiser that can aggregate outputs from all tracks and display them side by side

Actually I seem to remember a plugin that does that - Blue Cat something maybe?

pough wrote:
grymmjack wrote:Are there plans to add a vertical mixer to Tracktion?
I would be more than a little bit shocked if they did. It's one of the longest running "no f**king way are we going to add that" requests. You might get a bit more traction (sorry) with the concept if you can also convince them to twist the entire track view to top/bottom. As it stands, I believe a traditional mixer is right up there with faux screws.
Yeah, that's obviously not gonna happen. :hihi: I'm not a big fan of that either tbh, mixing with the console stacked on the right side that way. It's pretty great for the production workflow but not so much for the mixing workflow, for me, mmv on that as usual.

But yeah, if you could rotate that whole concept 90 degrees, that would be something. :)

n/m

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”