Talk to me about IL "Edison" nope, won't work here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Image-Line wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:It's murder getting help from them (Image-Line) but they are a big company and big companies don't give support.
You must be joking? Just post your issues in Tech Support and if they replicate we will fix them. This has always been the case.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott

Look Scott, I know you mean well.

You are a very talented dude.
And you work your socks off answering support requests.
No one works harder than you in the business.

Unfortunately, and we have been through this before, you answer support requests from people that ask 'I have this thing called a mouse, does it need a cat to operate', or 'I like fruity loops very much, do i need milk with it in the morning'.

You piss off your higher base of users such as me, that take the time to file detailed debugging reports, and you have the balls to then take the time to come on to KVR which you don't give a shit about btw, to do a bit of the old damage limitation.

I support FLStudio to the death on Gearslutz and elsewhere. I will never have a bad word said about it, anywhere. I love it to death. But we are just hamsters going around on a wheel here. You once took the mickey out of me with a 3 day long support request over patch management (surprise surprise) asking me if I had turned it off and on again. It was an obvious insult.

It's ok. I still love my FLStudio. Jesus, I have bought half of your plugins going on top. You might have noticed me trying to sell Edison here?

But your response and attitude made me give up on you as a company. I now only use your software for fun and don't fight your corner where I should/could with those heathens at Presonus that pooh pooh you as a company. You had allies in the industry. You had people fighting your side. You laid them aside for people asking 'this kick drum doesn't sound right'.

You need to get your priorities right as a company. Which I am sure you have.
But don't come on to KVR and tell ME I am joking. I am you biggest defender. Take a little time. Learn who your allies are. It doesn't need to be underhand viral marketing subterfuge. I also don't want any freebies. In fact, I am giving you the free lunch, and you as the representative of your company are too dense to see that.

I'm just a normal user. I have your full package and half the plugins you sell.

Three days for support to be asked if I turned it off and on again is not on OK?

We have been through this before. You might think it is damage limitation, but it is only pointing out your inadequacies.

Still, I hold you in wonder of how many support requests you can answer about how 'do I switch this on'. No wonder you don't know night from day.

No, I'm not joking.

Please give him general "Reintall OS, DAW and drivers" email politely. He will surely be satisfied as customer. :hihi: Some people like an email full of flowery words.

Oh, NOW you are REALLY digging up some ghosts :lol: :lol:

Of course, it's not like other companies don't do that :hihi: I've got a report into ableton right now where AGAIN I get the canned answer :roll:

But yeah, FL, "please reinstall OS/drivers" exactamundo!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”