Users of Both Sonar X3 Producer & Studio One 2 Professional

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote: What Studio One allows though is routing one midi track to another - making use of VST midi plugins. But this is easily covered using DDMF Metaplugin or BlueCatAudio Patchwork - to load multiple synths and plugins in one go in Sonar X3...
you do not need any thrid party plugin. Sonar supports MIDI VST. Simply do the following

1. Set the plugin as instrument in plugin manager (if not yet the case).
2. Insert as synth and activate MIDI Out.

AKJ wrote:
lfm wrote: What Studio One allows though is routing one midi track to another - making use of VST midi plugins. But this is easily covered using DDMF Metaplugin or BlueCatAudio Patchwork - to load multiple synths and plugins in one go in Sonar X3...
you do not need any thrid party plugin. Sonar supports MIDI VST. Simply do the following

1. Set the plugin as instrument in plugin manager (if not yet the case).
2. Insert as synth and activate MIDI Out.
In SONAR, routing a single MIDI track to multiple MIDI i inputs can be done with a virtual MIDI cable like LoopBe1 or Loop MIDI.

Starting with X3, plug-ins that generate MIDI events like MIDI VST no longer require setting the plug-in as a synth. Drop the plug-in in an instrument track FX bin and verify MIDI I/O are enabled in the plug-in VST header.
Last edited by scook on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ignore
Last edited by scook on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

I've just upgraded from X2 Studio to X3 Producer for just $100.99 through jrrshop blowout sale.. w00t :o

So if you are still on the fence to upgrade, now is a good time!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”