Just switched from PC to Mac and changed DAW to Logic.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
Regnas wrote:Just switched from PC to Mac...

My condolences.
+1
mwalthius wrote:I switch from PC/Cakewalk to Mac/Digital Performer ten years ago and have NEVER looked back.

Never. Not once.
I never even looked at Mac :D
Now I have switched I won't be going back. So far, no crashes, no hassles, it just works :)

Armadillosound wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

My condolences.
+1
mwalthius wrote:I switch from PC/Cakewalk to Mac/Digital Performer ten years ago and have NEVER looked back.

Never. Not once.
Now I have switched I won't be going back. So far, no crashes, no hassles, it just works :)
Not long now till you get people telling you about how their Windows machines work just fine and any problems you had using Windows were the result of blah blah blah blah. :party:

HobbyCore wrote:Not long now till you get people telling you about how their Windows machines work just fine and any problems you had using Windows were the result of blah blah blah blah. :party:
Nope, I'll rather switch to Amiga and Fasttracker, than Mac ;)

All this is kind of off topic.

But the OP invited to this fanboism, when he makes a big point of having changed from PC to MAC.

He could just have asked for links to Logic resources.

Numanoid wrote:All this is kind of off topic.

But the OP invited to this fanboism, when he makes a big point of having changed from PC to MAC.

There was no big point intended. To each his own, and all that :wink:
I have had some very helpful and useful replies. Some great links to some very useful sites and forums.

I had an Amiga years ago, fantastic machine :D

Numanoid wrote:

My condolences.
+1

Never. Not once.
Your loss. :)
http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd - 150+ synth demo videos.
DP, Omnisphere 2, Diva, Zebra, Alchemy, Sylenth1
Montage 8, Moog LP, Yamaha MOX6, Virus TI Polar

mwalthius wrote:
V0RT3X wrote: Actually on my 15 inch macbook I find myself wishing i had 2 extra monitors.
It's funny you should mention this. I recently discovered that my iMac is capable of supporting two additional monitors. This is because the Thunderbolt ports are actually compatible with mini displayport cables. So, I had a couple of older, smaller monitors sitting around, and I connected them, and they work!

I believe the current Macbook Pros have two thunderbolt ports... does yours? No doubt the ability to support two extra monitors depends upon the specs of the video card.

I did not realize this... I've passed on quite a few small monitors that would have worked nicely for reference purposes. Didn't realize you could use the thunderbolt port, and the cables are cheap! :party:

Numanoid wrote:All this is kind of off topic.

Or you could've just stopped being a b*tch and offered links to Logic resources.

And stay on topic.

-Sam

I think the most important things to learn when switching to Logic are key commands and screensets. Screensets especially since I'm mostly using it on the road on a laptop.

Other features are pretty simple to learn via YouTube or common sense IMO.

Learn how to use EXS too. It's one of the best parts of Logic.

RyanSeong wrote:I think the most important things to learn when switching to Logic are key commands and screensets. Screensets especially since I'm mostly using it on the road on a laptop.

Other features are pretty simple to learn via YouTube or common sense IMO.

Learn how to use EXS too. It's one of the best parts of Logic.
I totally agree about key commands, so useful and a great time saver.
Logic Control for ipad is great too.
I have also bought this book Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X: Professional Music Production
http://www.peachpit.com/store/apple-pro ... 0321967596 Finding it to be really useful. I'd recommend it.

I'm curious as to where this discussion leads as I'm thinking of switching from Mac to PC. My Mac runs great, they're just so expensive.... and I don't think I like the direction the new MacPro went.

I switched from a brand PC to a self-built PC with high-end components and have pretty much had the same experience as people switching to macs.

Typically, when people compare macs and PCs, they're actually comparing macs and low-end PCs. If you build your own, you'll get a much better machine for a lot less money.

yevster wrote:I switched from a brand PC to a self-built PC with high-end components and have pretty much had the same experience as people switching to macs.
It's not even close to being the same.

It's not about the cost.

It's not about the quality of the components.

It's not about how fast it runs, or how many disk drives you can stick in the box.

It's about the OS and the workflow. Mac users prefer the OS X workflow, and are prepared to pay for it.

It's that simple.
... space is the place ...

I think maybe Ill try mac next and switch daw from orion/flstudio to either cubase, studio one or reaper. Kinda tired of windows and wanna try something new..
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I think maybe Ill try mac next and switch daw from orion/flstudio to either cubase, studio one or reaper. Kinda tired of windows and wanna try something new..
Be wary of Cubase on a Mac - the performance is not so great.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”