Maybe you folks could help me find my daw...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Well, when you trial Cubase now, activate the trial key, and don't touch it for 2 months, it has expired, and you won't be able to demo it at all. Tough luck. :P
For X.0 and X.5 versions, you can get a new trial. That ends up being at least 30 days of demo a year, usually more.

Bill Gates also said that he rather wants to see people using warezed versions of Windows, than other OS's. That's just business sense. On the other hand, MS surely would surely take measures, when feeling their business is in hazard. Anyway, this discussion leads nowhere anyway, and i hardly find it to be continuously discussion worthy, but the thing is, it is not up to you, me, or anyone else to interpret usage agreements the way we feel to, when there is written you have to either uninstall it or buy it after 60 days of usage, then there's nothing to discuss about, that is the trial usage you agree with, when installing and using the software. Of course it is entirely up to you what you do with that... but i have to wonder that stuff like that is easily accepted, while there's a downright witch hunt in these forums usually, when someone admits to use warez, or, worse, when an artist is convicted of using warez. Basically, using something after the permitted trial period is the same thing. Who knows if you ever will buy the license anyway.

Who knows if he'll ever make music with it either, which I assume is the real point. If he does, he should buy it. If he doesn't he shouldn't. IMO.

If he was against it in the least wouldn't he type the code in the program to prevent any usage after 60 days, it wouldn't be difficult relatively speaking to making a daw
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

That's not the Cockos' style. :D

chk071 wrote:Bill Gates also said that he rather wants to see people using warezed versions of Windows, than other OS's. That's just business sense. On the other hand, MS surely would surely take measures, when feeling their business is in hazard. Anyway, this discussion leads nowhere anyway, and i hardly find it to be continuously discussion worthy, but the thing is, it is not up to you, me, or anyone else to interpret usage agreements the way we feel to, when there is written you have to either uninstall it or buy it after 60 days of usage, then there's nothing to discuss about, that is the trial usage you agree with, when installing and using the software. Of course it is entirely up to you what you do with that... but i have to wonder that stuff like that is easily accepted, while there's a downright witch hunt in these forums usually, when someone admits to use warez, or, worse, when an artist is convicted of using warez. Basically, using something after the permitted trial period is the same thing. Who knows if you ever will buy the license anyway.
Do you think that the demo agreement implies that you only get to try Reaper once, ever?

If that is what they are implying, then they are sending very mixed messages with the following statements on their purchase page:
We believe in giving you a fair chance to make sure that REAPER works correctly with your hardware and suits your workflow.
Please download and evaluate REAPER fully before purchasing.

Why are we going here? He's not a cracked piece of software :shrug: cockos does this for a reason. They know (like I did) that people will keep going back to it, finally "getting it" and getting it :D

hibidy wrote:Why are we going here? He's not a cracked piece of software :shrug: cockos does this for a reason. They know (like I did) that people will keep going back to it, finally "getting it" and getting it :D
Damn straight I'm not a cracked piece of software. I'm a cracked dawg, yo.

I also would like to point out that I went back and looked over the changelog for Reaper.

There have been over 800 changes between my first installation on this system and my most recent installation.

That is impressive!

I got into it because it was x64. I like to buy things so I always thought it was 60 bucks well spent. I got a lot of mileage out of it. But I'd much rather work in S1 and Live (I know you don't, just pointing out what I use)

I know the discussion seems pointless, and it actually is pointless, and the topic is not really important enough to hold a long discussion about it. Nonetheless, it's interesting how people rather interpret their own meaning into clear terms like "If after 60 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it. If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license." I wonder what's the problem with that, maybe it doesn't sound restrictive enough. Maybe they should have written "You are not allowed to go on using Reaper after 60 days of evaluating it, and you are obliged to buy a license if you want to go on using it." But then again, that's probably not the way Cockos wants to put it, so maybe you're right, and noone has to care about stuff like that. I don't know. The thing is just, i repeat myself, that that kind of unrestrictive way of doing things, shouldn't lead to people "evaluating" for years. Because that's surely not how its meant to be.

Over and out. :P

hibidy wrote:I got into it because it was x64. I like to buy things so I always thought it was 60 bucks well spent. I got a lot of mileage out of it. But I'd much rather work in S1 and Live (I know you don't, just pointing out what I use)
I purchased Reaper initially as a rewire host for ProTools, and ended up just using it instead for many projects. I have since moved into S1, but still think it was one of my most effective purchases and was worth every cent.

Just a quick question about studio one if anyone can answer, how can I add tracks whether they be audio or synths with midi from one project into another? Is it possible?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I don't know how, but for some reason I think it's possible. Let me play around with it......

Ok, just quickly, I got the audio stuff to work, but haven't figure out how to get the instruments/fx to load :x

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”