Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper when audio preferences are not set correctly

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I weren't using Reaper already, this guy would make me interested in it. That is the modern way of advertising. Great move, Cockos !

KoolFartWind wrote:If I weren't using Reaper already, this guy would make me interested in it. That is the modern way of advertising. Great move, Cockos !
Tell mom to bring some Doritos and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi down to the basement because you're going to be down there for a while tweaking settings to get it to stop sounding bad:

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php
If you criticize Spitfire Audio, the mods will lock the thread.

Not everyone still lives with their moms in their 40s ;)

Your anthem

BachRules wrote:Tell mom to bring some Doritos and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi down to the basement
Is this some sneaky way to get somebody else to ask mom to bring Pepsi and snacks down in the basement? :lol:

EvilDragon wrote:IBTL and possibly IBTB. :D
Yeah, it's time for another PT or iLok thread anyway. :hihi:

With tomorrow being the 4th, the fireworks will be rather timely. :lol:

LawrenceF wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:IBTL and possibly IBTB. :D
Yeah, it's time for another PT or iLok thread anyway. :hihi:

With tomorrow being the 4th, the fireworks will be rather timely. :lol:
Another Myrna coming up? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Wow, this is still going?

Btw, I thought the title was different yesterday (headscratch)

hibidy wrote:... I thought the title was different yesterday (headscratch)
And as if Kontakt users are the only ones affected.
BachRules wrote:Reaper renders Kontakt, EWQL Play, Vienna Instruments, and DCAM Synth Squad worse than other DAWs at default values.

BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hey I don't really care if it's on or off by 'default' (whatever that is) - it's a half a second job to set it either way
And so let's start this list of developers who don't care how many half-second jobs their users have to perform to make the software stop sounding bad?
No, you start. Its your argument, so you provide some evidence. Start with a list of developers who consider their software to sound bad unless its rendering in offline mode. Since that's what you're now basically claiming.

Oh, and Im still waiting for your proof that there's a mandatory behaviour regarding offline rendering for hosts specified in the VST spec.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

hibidy wrote:Wow, this is still going?
Internet threads are like Bay-Bay kids, they don't die, they multiply. :hihi:

whyterabbyt wrote:
BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Hey I don't really care if it's on or off by 'default' (whatever that is) - it's a half a second job to set it either way
And so let's start this list of developers who don't care how many half-second jobs their users have to perform to make the software stop sounding bad?
No, you start. Its your argument, so you provide some evidence. Start with a list of developers who consider their software to sound bad unless its rendering in offline mode. Since that's what you're now basically claiming.

Oh, and Im still waiting for your proof that there's a mandatory behaviour regarding offline rendering for hosts specified in the VST spec.
Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as I'm busy spending great amounts of money I've earned making software that works well for customer bases that aren't on the fringe.

BachRules wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
BachRules wrote:

Regrettably I lack the time to attend your posts, as I'm busy spending great amounts of money I've earned making software that works well for customer bases that aren't on the fringe.
Lets hope that software doesn't have to adhere to a simple specification, because if it does, your obvious inability to grasp the content of such a specification would be a clear hindrance.
Then again, I think we all know that any claims you're making now will be as genuine as your 'bugs', your 'facts' and your claimed understanding of the nature of VST offline rendering were.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:inability to grasp the content of such a specification
or it's just a matter of priorities, which concept would be foreign to the defaults-don't-matter-because-my-time-is-cheap adherents.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”