Kontakt sounds worse in Reaper when audio preferences are not set correctly

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In fairness, it all fits, how Reaper is.

Justin (whom I obviously don't personally know and have never met) appears to be a tweaker, noodler, etc, etc, by nature, so it fits that he'd have 38 pages of prefs in Reaper and have in a relative ton of options in almost ever part of it.

I think - generally speaking and without any corporate influence calling the creative shots - you really do see a lot of the developers personalities in smaller team apps like that.

Great application, imo.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote:But then, even if they save around a few minutes per project with their perfectly customized customization, does it really matter? What do they do with these few minutes? Smoking a cigarette? :nutter:
What does it even matter if you finish a piece of music at all?

Finishing something musically? Now there is a novel idea.

LawrenceF wrote:In fairness, it all fits, how Reaper is.

Justin (whom I obviously don't personally know and have never met) appears to be a tweaker, noodler, etc, etc, by nature, so it fits that he'd have 38 pages of prefs in Reaper and have in a relative ton of options in almost ever part of it.

I think - generally speaking and without any corporate influence calling the creative shots - you really do see a lot of the developers personalities in smaller team apps like that.

Great application, imo.
Justin Frankel doesn't look like a tweaker at all. I'd rather see him picking up his electric guitar and strumming some chords than customizing REAPER in endless hours in his basement...

Overall, there are tons of features that I'll (probably) never need and some features that I need or like to have are missing. Nevertheless, I can live with it and REAPER doesn't sound worse than any other DAWs... I don't have to find the best customization to work with it...

It's weird not being in the reaper "camp" after being in it and before that not being in it. I see so much more clearly than I ever did :hihi:

Great application, imo.
How Reaper could be is a ton of options, set to defaults which aren't daft, not requiring users to change undocumented settings in order to get performance which isn't daft. That would be different from what it's doing now, in all fairness. Reaper is worse than it needs to be, and it has nothing to do with standing up to corporatism or whatever point you're trying to make there.

Users who believe defaults don't matter are vocal in this thread but a tiny, virtually irrelevant market segment in the real world.
Last edited by BachRules on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you criticize Spitfire Audio, the mods will lock the thread.

This thread is daft homie .

Great application, imo.
I agree and I have never used Reaper nor do I plan on trying it, but I give them a lot of respect and I too just by what I read here and other forums it's a great DAW. Truly I can say the same about many DAWs because of the people who use them and the respect I have for them.

Having said that the constant tweaking and version changes would actually be a deal breaker for me, but that's all on me and nothing to do with Reaper. I have come to the point where installing software has become a necessary evil, and something I could do with out. I'm getting more of if it aint broke, dont fix it attitude over the last few years and I really think it's a matter of years of only hardware, then years of in the box coming together and settling into my workflow and attitude. I suspect if I was a Reaper user (which is not out of the question of course, you never know) I would skip many updates.

I have nothing to say about this thread tbh, but I figured it's a good place to state my feelings about Reaper without a pissing match and your post was the perfect catalyst...hope you dont mind :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:I suspect if I was a Reaper user (which is not out of the question of course, you never know) I would skip many updates.
Why? The best thing of REAPER is that it gets permanently updated (every few weeks), the bugs are fixed and a few new features are added, and the updates are even free...why would you want to skip them :?:

Hink wrote:I have nothing to say about this thread tbh, but I figured it's a good place to state my feelings about Reaper without a pissing match and your post was the perfect catalyst...hope you dont mind :)
Not at all Hink. :)

I think that's where some (not you) get confused, is with the idea that only the things they love can be great, which throws a cloud over the discussions. I can (and often do) hate using a thing but still respect it's greatness for where it applies, because (to my personal horror :)) the world actually doesn't revolve around me.

Don't personally like Cubase at all anymore, but it's still a great application, as evidenced by the legions making great music with it. :tu: Tried Orion, not my cup of tea, kind of annoyed me actually, but i'm not the final arbiter of all that.

Happy Orion users couldn't care less and i couldn't write something better if you held a gun to my head, so I respect it. :)

fedexnman wrote:This thread is daft homie .
It's stayin' up all night to get lucky

hibidy wrote:
fedexnman wrote:This thread is daft homie .
It's stayin' up all night to get lucky
I heard Daft Punk used Reaper for that song , hhmmmm . :help:

hibidy wrote:"mom, bring me my doritos and pepsi"

If I lived in my moms basement, I make her bring me coke and a salsa to boot :hihi:
:hihi:

Now I get the thread. Hibidy was tired of posting cat pics in the Bitwig-Thread and created a second (semi-troll) account to provide funny pics to a broader topic range. :clap:

original title to this was 'Why Doesn't Someone Get Him a Pepsi', after Donnie Vliet's way of always screaming at his mother as a teenager "SUE! GET ME A PEPSI!"

as The Torture Never Stops it seems equally apropos to the occasion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6frfeIdln6Y

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”