Ableton Live price increase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to buy Live 9 when I saw this...The price was already on the expensive side. :x

Hmm, those dollar prices are higher than the Euro and GBP prices, which includes taxes.

Must be hard if youre in the USA being so used to cheap tax free goods, now you know how we Europeans feel!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Hmm, those dollar prices are higher than the Euro and GBP prices, which includes taxes.

Must be hard if youre in the USA being so used to cheap tax free goods, now you know how we Europeans feel!!
I am european (from Norway). I found it on Sweetwater for the same prize that it used to be on ableton.com. Do you know if this is with taxes included/works the same way as buying from Ableton when it comes to price?

Recommend you contact Sweetwater first to be sure they can sell it to you. Some of their software is USA (even dl's) only due to manufacturers restrictions.

Next, recommend waiting for a bit as Ableton normally has two sales a year.

And lastly, recommend logging into your Ableton account to get your actual price from them. If you don't have one you can create one to find your price.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I still get 749 for getting a new license of Suite
dedication to flying

dsan@mail.com wrote:Recommend you contact Sweetwater first to be sure they can sell it to you. Some of their software is USA (even dl's) only due to manufacturers restrictions.

Next, recommend waiting for a bit as Ableton normally has two sales a year.

And lastly, recommend logging into your Ableton account to get your actual price from them. If you don't have one you can create one to find your price.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Many thanks for your reply! I will do what you recommended.

rod_zero wrote:I still get 749 for getting a new license of Suite
+1

Those are some odd prices, almost like its a mix of prices with and without push on one screen.

I see: Intro - 99, std - 449, suite - 749, and thats being logged out of my account

I guess me upgrading from Intro ain't happenin' hahaha!

Not logged into my account I'm showing:

$99
$449
$749

However, when I multiply those by Norway's standard VAT of 25% I get:

$123.25
$561.25
$936.25

so if I had to guess they're showing you USD prices + VAT for some reason.
Meh.

Maybe they raised the prices because they have a PDC fix in the works. I highly doubt that though.. but I am hopeful.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Maybe they raised the prices because they have a PDC fix in the works. I highly doubt that though.. but I am hopeful.
That would be something. Don't get your hopes up just yet, prices still same old over here.

BDeep wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Maybe they raised the prices because they have a PDC fix in the works. I highly doubt that though.. but I am hopeful.
That would be something. Don't get your hopes up just yet, prices still same old over here.
I'm not really remaining super optimistic about them getting their shit together since I've been experimenting with bitwig.

Honestly if i had a spare 5 million i'd spend it on bitwig so they could speed up development.
:borg:

€599 ($800) for Suite for UK customers on the Ableton site.

I've got 99/449/749

hibidy wrote:I've got 99/449/749
The same here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”