CPU spikes with OpenGL VST plugins - any solutions?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c fgjycytjc tgkuycutgckuycku
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm using a GTX750ti OC, which drivers did you try? I'm currently on Driver v335.23, if you didn't try that one might be worth a shot.

I don't get any cpu spiking issues with the new ProQ during playback, although I have noticed when I click on it to open its graphic window it makes the realtime asio meter have an initial spike up by as much as 15% but then once its on screen its fine after.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Nvidia has the best drivers and stability. So the problem isn't there.

I'm betting on power saving issues which seem to do this sort of thing on Intel systems.
Do you have them completely disabled?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

xcv kvhjuylkvbihlbujilmbujiomujio
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolling back to the original Microsoft driver can help.

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe a driver problem, I don't think it's a problem with GPU. I remember that Nvidia had sometimes problems with very new driver versions where it makes sense to try an older version.

Oh one thing I forgot to mention, when I installed the NVidia driver I only installed the basic driver, none of the additional software that comes with it with the fancy graphics displaying temperatures, options to change the overclocking on the card etc. It might be some of that extra software running in background thats got some realtime monitoring going on thats causing the spikes you're experiencing.

In terms of power management custom plan is always best, disable all sleep modes and USB suspend and make sure minimum cpu amount is set to 100%
Arksun
www.arksun-sound.com

Arksun wrote:In terms of power management custom plan is always best, disable all sleep modes and USB suspend and make sure minimum cpu amount is set to 100%
are you talking about BIOS setting ?

xfghykjcv hluvuilmbujiomlbujio
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclectus wrote:Meanwhile I got a debug version of a Fabfilter plugin, which made a log of the graphics performance while the GUI was open. I hope that this eventually leads to a solution for the problem!

As to drivers, I can't go too far back because my card is much too recent. I tried the earliest available one, and went up from there, but I think the problem (if related to the driver) was already there in the first version.

I am currently debating whether I would try (and buy) a different graphics card from another brand, but that's quite an expensive solution to what might be eventually solved in a different way...

Uninstall ALL the drivers. Let Windows install its default Ms one.

xfyjc gujkvyhliuvbiul

You can't have it both ways. Either you want good audio or not. Ms drivers are the best for this. I've given this advice to many and it has worked. A different card is not the easy way to solve it
Last edited by UltraJv on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carrieres wrote:
Arksun wrote:In terms of power management custom plan is always best, disable all sleep modes and USB suspend and make sure minimum cpu amount is set to 100%
are you talking about BIOS setting ?
Nope thats Windows settings, I'm assuming you're on Win7 or 8?
In windows 7 you click on start button and in the search bar type 'power options' that'll take you to the power settings.

Try installing just the basic Nvidia driver on its own without the extra monitoring and tweaking software, if that doesn't work UltraJV suggestion of basic MS driver is probably your best shot.
Arksun
www.arksun-sound.com

c fhjv ulkvbilbomnioùmpoik
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”