Wow, even live lite comes with GIGS of intruments!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why don't other daws come stocked like that? :?

Sonar does. Logic does. Cubase does. Studio One does. PT as well... Eh?

Uhm, Sonar Studio includes what?

Studio One has instruments?

arkmabat wrote:Uhm, Sonar Studio includes what?
Dimension Pro LE, Rapture LE, Studio Instruments, Session Drummer 3....all sampled-based instruments.

Well, Rapture is more wavetable based, so it's not for huge samples. That's Dimension Pro's territory.

Hmm yeah I'll have to check out the "studio instruments". Thanks

EvilDragon wrote:Well, Rapture is more wavetable based, so it's not for huge samples. That's Dimension Pro's territory.
True, but my rapture folder is several gigs in size...so I'd count that as "gigs" of instruments. ;)

as far as i understand the first post, we are talking about things that come with light/hardware bundled versions, right?

studio one artist has quite a lot of instruments (in the 1+ gigs area). cubase le/ai also has a pretty decent selection of
sounds and instruments. live is OK as well, it has impulse, simpler and a lot of presets.

there's this light version of Reason called Reason Limited. It has an incredible amount of things packed with it. Apart from the 16 track limitation it's exactly the same product as Reason Essentials which is kind of like Live Intro/Cubase Elements etc.

Isn't it gigs of samples and loops rather than 'instruments'?

You can pick up 30 GB of samples for £5 or so from Computer Music magazine you know?

I also picked up the full Dim Pro on a cakewalk sale for $15 recently.

What is nice about Ableton Lite/Intro is how tightly integrated the scenes are to the DAW and their uniformly high quality. The Drum Machine is also decent.
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

It doesn't install on my PC though. Just sayin'. Oops, edit: I tried to install the wrong version. :dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”