FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

But isn't that easily fixed with a track marked as solo exempt
Not really. And I'm not ragging on Reaper here. My other fave daw suffers from the exact same thing.

You'd only really notice it if you've used a lot of decent recording or live consoles. I mean, there was an entire new industry that popped up filling all the gaps that daw developers left out of the software, like for talkback and speaker switching and all kinds of stuff.

But the large majority of the modern customer base isn't doing that stuff anyway so they never miss it. Most who are use PT partly because of things like that.

Image-Line wrote:RE: Control Room Mixer Addition

I am still confused, is there a problem?

You can set up as many sub mixes as you like In FL Studio and route them out to as many hardware outputs as your gear has.

What exactly can't be done that you need to do?

Regards Scott
Exactly.. ..let me explain how i do it, maybe it's of any help for other users:

Best method:This assumes you have a decent audio interface with more than 1 stereo output. Choose a random mixer track to be your second physical buss, make sure it isn't sending any signal to the Master out, and then in the channel strip for that channel, assign its output to your soundcard's second physical output. Route your reference track to this channel. Done. Holy shit that was easy.

Regular method: if your audio interface only has a single stereo out, you can still achieve what you want, but you need to wrap your head around the idea that in FL Studio, any channel can send to any other channel. Once you understand this, you will see that channel names are arbitrary and are only there so that old school producers don't get frightened by what new technology can do. Names have no effect on functionality. Every channel on the FL mixer is equally powerful, and they all behave exactly the same, regardless of what they are called. The channel called Master is only called that because by default it outputs to the first stereo pair on your audio interface, but you can actually change that too, and there is otherwise absolutely nothing special about it. It works exactly the same as every single other channel on the mixer. Routing tracks to it is a completely arbitrary choice. You could just as easily make your master out be mixer track #75. You can make an entire mixdown, and never pass a single signal through the channel labelled Master on the mixer, if you so choose.

Right. Assuming you understand that, here's what you do. Start a fresh, empty project, and select the channel immediately to the right of the mixer's Master channel. Label it something obvious like NEW MASTER. Select the channel to the right of that one, and label it something equally obvious like NO FX BUS. Now, when you mix, do not route any channel directly to the mixer's original Master out. Instead, route all channels to your NEW MASTER channel, and apply all of your mastering FX there. Do not apply any FX whatsoever on the mixer's master out. For your AB purposes, route your reference sound into the NO FX BUS channel. Done. Wow, that was also really easy.

Now save that mixer setup, and make it your default so you don't have to set up this channel structure every time.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Wow that was really helpful.
Id like to ask how do you array feedback from your speakers in a room when monitoring mixes in fl studio.taking into consideration your rooms acoustic properties.

You can do acoustic feedback in any DAW that routes a microphone to the output.

this here is a bump!

Things Image-line to seriously take into consideration in 2015.
1.when recording audio the best way to edit it is not on a plug-in thats on fx slots.but its where u actually move,cut,slice and tempo sync the vocal within the song and thats the playlist not on the mixer as an fx.intergrate Edison,Newtone & Pitcher to the playlist.
2.when recording audio to multiple instruments can we please be able to see a wave display as it records because fl studio cant lock audio to the playlist.
3.when dealing with final audio mixes i realised that volume channels of different audio signals are all at random volume amounts.can u please link both volume sliders to the mixer fader to one level.it will be simple to control the amount of the channels.and have an option to unlink when you want to make a side-chain automation.
3.Audio Warping please.
4.Control Room for monitoring your mixes and arraying feedback to a rooms acoustic properties.
5.multiple automation,audio editing and send.
6.inter channel mapping for MIDI (play keys from different channel plug-ins at the same time in a single MIDI keyboard by mapping each channel to its octave or key).
7.Drummax : edit notes,quantize,articulate and warp samples.much like the step-sequencer does but in its own advanced method.
8.UNLIMITED MIXER CHANNELS?
9.EXPORT SETTINGS: -different dither types
-normalize and re-adjust the decibel amount you are normalizing. or reduce peaks for the entire song.
-64 BIT DOUBLE PRECISION.

Another thing this daw needs is a Global Transpose where you can set a root key similar to what garageband and logic has instead of the Main Pitch Slider. It needs to transpose what tracks i select in the playlist instead of affecting the entire track. For instance if i wanted to transpose "Half" of the song in the key root of C Minor then i could do this without affecting this first part of it. Hope this makes sense and i know for some it probably doesn't. :neutral:

holy crap...!
thanx, @valerian_777, I finally have a grasp of the mixer channel routing.
This, after using since v.5 or so, LOL
What a tit I can be sometimes!
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

9.EXPORT SETTINGS: -different dither types

-64 BIT DOUBLE PRECISION.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Multiple Time Signatures

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:holy crap...!
thanx, @valerian_777, I finally have a grasp of the mixer channel routing.
This, after using since v.5 or so, LOL
What a tit I can be sometimes!
:D

Glad it was of any help m8.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I think it wont be possible for image-line to include so many feature requests.anyway i want to ask how do you layer vst plugin notes and is there a distinct difference between layering instruments and cloning them?

Hi,

How much longer for Fl Studio 12 to be out of beta , and go Official ?

Hope not too long :wink:

It's true: FLs only major weakness is audio editing. That's nothing new.

I record and edit in Cubase AI for that reason. Hit * on your numpad, record, cut, drag, merge, crossfade, fade-in and out, change volume, with simple mouseclicks directly on the actual sample.

Because FL's workflow with things like MIDI is so incredibly cool, the contrast to the "hassle" of audio editing becomes much more visible.

I don't want to complain, but proper classic audio editing would would make FL 13 (?) the one DAW to rule them all (at least for me).

Keep up the good work 8)

Come on Gol. this was in Cakewalk in 1993. Add it already

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”