Steinberg Cubase Pro 8

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cubase 8 looks like a really useful upgrade, but one thing that I've been searching for a way to change is the font size for the track names.. it's a lot bigger than it used to be (or maybe it's just the new font)... anyone know where to change that?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Guillermo Navarrete wrote:Hello,
fmr wrote:OK, I checked with Cubase 6.5 (the oldest version I currently have installed) and there isn't such a functionality, which is a shame. Thanks for the suggestions, but those are workarounds. Other DAWs list ALL the plug-ins, and allow us to selectively re-examine each of the failed ones.

I have to check that XML file, and see what I can do to it manually. The time it takes to to make a full scan of all the plug-ins seems like an eternity (it improved, though).
I think you refer to the plug-in information window, It was on Devices > Plug-in information, it is still on Cubase Pro 8 but now it has change.
You can see a more complete list on the Plug-in manager under Devices > Plug-in Manager

Best regards,
GN
Yes, I understood it is there now, but it still only shows the plug-ins that were validated, not the ones that weren't. It's good to organize the plug-ins available, but there's nothing to manage the others. Therefore, we cannot selectively ask for re-checking a specific plug-in, only to do a complete re-check, which is useless and takes too much time.

I think that showing the plug-ins rejected, with a message telling what were the problems found, and a na option to re-check, would be good. Sometimes, in Logic and Digital Performer, I have plug-ins that are rejected in the full scan but pass validation when checked individually.
Fernando (FMR)

I usually force re-checking of a specific plugin by manually editing the vst-blacklist file in the preferences directory, it is as easy as removing an entry... Still, I would like an option (a gui?) to force revalidation of selected blacklisted plugins, so I say +1 to this request.

twolegstoneworks wrote:Cubase 8 looks like a really useful upgrade, but one thing that I've been searching for a way to change is the font size for the track names.. it's a lot bigger than it used to be (or maybe it's just the new font)... anyone know where to change that?
Not currently possible, but a thread on it here - http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=70796

Odd to me that the new mixer fonts are fabulous, slight but very readable, while the track fonts are chunky and, well, just a bit nasty.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

This version looks solid because people can't find places where they can complain other than fonts.

tooneba wrote:This version looks solid because people can't find places where they can complain other than fonts.
Apart from the AOT for VST not working for plugins that have internal browsers, The menu bar along the top not being aligned or spanning multiple monitors or AOT for the mixer being taken away as well as many other problems with it. I find it unusable and I hope an emergency patch comes out soon.

tooneba wrote:This version looks solid because people can't find places where they can complain other than fonts.
:hihi:

Best Cubase ever.
The way it handles plugins now, it's beyond belief. Really elegante and streamlined. Render in Palace...
I didn't check other keybfeatures for improvemments , like routing.
I read so,mewhere,, that's possible to break down the 6 plugs per channel. I tried, but not to the point of checking the manual.
An annoying glitch, that might t be my fault, is recording doesn't happen immediately after I press record, or after the precount, It seems like it has it's own mind about the right moment to start.
Congratulations from a satisfied customer.

:lol:

huhu_huhu wrote:Render in Palace...
But that only works for the Queen.

noiseboyuk wrote: Not currently possible, but a thread on it here - http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=70796

Odd to me that the new mixer fonts are fabulous, slight but very readable, while the track fonts are chunky and, well, just a bit nasty.
Ahh.. good to see I'm not the only one :)

Btw. all Valhalla plugins doesn't show the preset menu in Cubase 8..
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

There is an issue with tyhe GUIs but you have to make sure ALWAYS ON TOP is not ticked.

One issue I have found, is when selecting the "always on top" as off by default in preferences. It doesnt actually work.

Also found an issue with NI plugins, particularly Reaktor and sub synths, often the GUI willl suddenly go letter box. To solve close GUI and reopen.

The Wave display on the meter bridge appears not to work with all vst plugins.

Still struggling to set/unset VCA by groups.

Is there a way to set stereo in "off" by default when opening an audio track, alwys appears (personal bug bear).

Apart from that...loving C8 :) No moans, just little niggles.

SODDI wrote:
huhu_huhu wrote:Render in Palace...
But that only works for the Queen.
Huhu, the King, please.

huhu_huhu wrote:Best Cubase ever.
The way it handles plugins now, it's beyond belief. Really elegante and streamlined. Render in Palace...
Ok, sorry to spoil the party, but as a Cubase 7.5 customer who has paid every friggin upgrade since ever I find it hard to believe that I have to shell out €99 for such core functionality as inplace bouncing and a halfway decent way to sort plugs. Functionality that my other host (S1) btw had from day one.

I expected a little more from Version 8. Some of this stuff has already been present in others DAWs for some time. The one feature I've been begging for years to be integrated still isnt there, and likely never will be. Quicktime/Video export. The replace audio in video file function is god awful. I guess with Nuendo being around Steinberg will just expect composers to buy Nuendo. No thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”