Logic X 10.1 Update!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thankyou Apple!

What’s New in Version 10.1

• 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic and hip hop styles including Techno, House, Trap, Dubstep and more
• Drummer provides specialized sound and performance controls for dialing in electronic or hip hop drum grooves
• New Drum Machine Designer plug-in offers new sounds and features for customizing electronic drum kits in a variety of styles
• Create a sequence of notes with a single mouse gesture using the new Brush Tool in the Piano Roll Editor
• New view options in the Piano Roll Editor let you see more notes in less vertical space and help identify drum sounds by name
• Easily compress or expand the timing of selected notes with new time handles in the Piano Roll Editor
• Note Repeat and Spot Erase modes allow classic drum machine style techniques for creating beats in realtime
• Smart Quantize proportionally corrects the timing and length of notes to preserve the musicality of your original performance
• Redesigned Compressor plug-in features scalable, Retina-ready interface and 7 models including the new Classic VCA
• Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices
• Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 classic Mellotron instruments
• Automation can now be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Manage large-scale mixes more easily with the addition of console-style VCA faders
• Relative and Trim Automation modes extend the options for fine-tuning existing automation
• Mixer now allows remote control of microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
• Realtime rendering of fades allow them to work with Flex Pitch and speeds up project load times
• The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu
• Support for Mail Drop and Air Drop in OS X Yosemite makes it even easier to share your Logic projects

This space reserved for anti-Apple trolls.

great update :clap: :clap: it's really getting there

it's a shame they're only interested in selling phones :wink:

I'm still on OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion), but this may just prompt me to move on to 10.9 (Mavericks), which is the minimum. I wouldn't risk updating to Yosemite if that were required, but Mavericks ... well, I'll probably have to take the plunge sooner or later in any event, so may as well be now. Mavericks was pretty stable, wasn't it? (I hope!)

I was hoping the existing plugins would start getting new GUIs... Good sign that this update includes one...

As for Mavericks vs earlier OS X... Snow Leopard boots in one quarter the time, from an external USB hard drive, compared to my internal drive's Mavericks installation...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I am so happy to see that there is no new Alchemy Logic instrument. There is still hope...

Yeah, no huge news there. Sadly, that leads to:

The pessimist in me says "so that's it for the next 6 to 8 months..."
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Really don't want to troll, but other companies would charge the steaming sweat out of us for this kind of update.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Agreed, however, it'll cost me $200 since I'm still on 9. This Logic on the App Store thing seems to be a give and take.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

SirkusPi wrote:I'm still on OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion), but this may just prompt me to move on to 10.9 (Mavericks), which is the minimum. I wouldn't risk updating to Yosemite if that were required, but Mavericks ... well, I'll probably have to take the plunge sooner or later in any event, so may as well be now. Mavericks was pretty stable, wasn't it? (I hope!)

LPX works better on Yosemite. It loads very quickly and is pretty stable. 10.1 seems to be an amazing update, but so far, no results I've seen from people actually using it.

So far, it isn't in my 'Updates.'
Last edited by Bombadil on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The update isn't showing up in my app store account is it online yet?
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Kraznet wrote:The update isn't showing up in my app store account is it online yet?
Some people have got it. I suppose it is geographically staggered. I don't have it, yet, but Americans seem to have it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:
Kraznet wrote:The update isn't showing up in my app store account is it online yet?
Some people have got it. I suppose it is geographically staggered. I don't have it, yet, but Americans seem to have it.
Thanks. Yes I'm in the UK.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

My machine is stuck in Apple store but another friend in US don't have it in app store yet either.
Manage large-scale mixes more easily with the addition of console-style VCA faders
I can't be the only one that is excited about this. :love:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”