a couple cubase 8 pro questions

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) Hi guys, does anyone know if one can actually add transient markers and warp/multi track drum quantise etc *directly on the arrange page main mix area* like every other top shelf DAW in existence? An example would be like flex time in logic, warp in S1, heck even Reason has this (but not multitrack).
This is actually one of the reasons i only use cubase for old projects that are too complex to convert and not start new ones on it.. I actually find the whole use of hitpoints very uninspiring and over complicated.

IMO one should just be able to turn on a display for flex warping via key command, and move markers around at will. This is something I am hoping has finally changed in V8.

2) Is the new Asio guard really more efficient and does it fix the silent first note bug on instruments that have AG activated when playback starts near or on where the midi strikes?

There was something else but I forgot, but that's about it really.

Would really appreciate some help :)

Cheers!

warping is still working in the same way as before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJrxIAH3Uc
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz, thanks, that I can live with, cause the way it's done via folder and group quantise i can adapt to.

My main problem is that there is no way to just add a marker and stretch a specific part of the audio in the arrange page directly. In other words there is no *audiowarp* as such.. you have to alt drag length of file, so cut them up if you want to do specific parts, or use the audio editor, right? This is something that will prevent me from ever buying a cubase update again, till they catch up with the rest if the world.

yepp, it's working through the sample editor as before, http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan09/a ... h_0109.htm
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Ok thank you xbitz.. That's unfortunate news and I am curious as to why steinberg is insisting lagging behind in this area. It's only now they made their media bay at least dockable so one can have it on the same page on a single screen setup.. They confuse me cause they were the first with inline midi after tracktion for example (but tracktion is only inline , steinberg has all the options), and then so behind in some other ways.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”