Live 9.2 in beta. Latency compensation fixes, and legacy OSes dropped

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So still nothing on an upgrade path from M4L 6 to M4L 7?

The push improvements also seem great. The two main things Ive been waiting for, an AT threshold and using the touchstrip as modwheel, have finally been implemented. Have to give it a run tonight

chroma wrote:so, my initial testing seems to confirm the automation fixes, but not the midi synced effects.

just realized i should really put this in the ableton beta forum... so i will do that instead. just the summary gents...

still a huge step forward... a big thanks to the ableton guys for finally taking this on!
what do you guys mean when you say "midi synced effects" ?

That's the most important thing to me to know if it's fixed. Midi synced effects like Lfotool from Xfer Records (sidehchain tool), or pattern based filter effects and such. Basically anything that needs accurate tempo information. As it is currently they get out of sync if you add latency plug-ins to the same chain.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:That's the most important thing to me to know if it's fixed. Midi synced effects like Lfotool from Xfer Records (sidehchain tool), or pattern based filter effects and such. Basically anything that needs accurate tempo information. As it is currently they get out of sync if you add latency plug-ins to the same chain.
If you put LFO tool first in the chain, is it ok then, regardless of what comes after it ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Got this on LFO (Midi synced effects) compensation.

"Hello there, please note that while automation is now fully compensated, devices which sync to the Transport (Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Beat Repeat) are not, thus these modulations will be off if the device is at a point in the chain after a device introducing latency.

Best regards,
Marco"

Given the number of feature requests they haven't included this time, I'm betting that version 10 is going to be humongous.

Oh, and we want mayo with our tuner... :)

I wonder if we'll ever get this:

automation snap-able to grid
automation quantizable

Haha, so they got part way there. They say:
"Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated"

And yet:
skyliner.dnb wrote:Got this on LFO (Midi synced effects) compensation.

"Hello there, please note that while automation is now fully compensated, devices which sync to the Transport (Auto Filter, Auto Pan, Beat Repeat) are not, thus these modulations will be off if the device is at a point in the chain after a device introducing latency.

Best regards,
Marco"
This is the other side of the coin. Rhythmic devices will still be off. Still glad to be with Bitwig!

But hey at least they are making progress for those poor Live users. :hihi:

Plenty of third party plugins out there made by people who spend all their time on one plugin instead of an entire DAW.

Nice. I buy Live Suite a month ago and now they drop support for OS X 10.6 :x

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Haha, so they got part way there. They say:

This is the other side of the coin. Rhythmic devices will still be off. Still glad to be with Bitwig!

But hey at least they are making progress for those poor Live users. :hihi:

laugh as much as you want but this is big if they fix the pdc issues completely

i know a few people who will be getting back to live, myself included

OzoneJunkie wrote:I wonder if we'll ever get this:

automation snap-able to grid
automation quantizable
I would like to see some improvements to automation. In particular I'd like to see the ability to use predefined automation envelopes like sine waves, square waves, saws, etc.
Sweet child in time...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Haha, so they got part way there. They say:
"Automation and Modulation are now fully latency compensated"

And yet:
skyliner.dnb wrote:Got this on LFO (Midi synced effects) compensation.

Best regards,
Marco"
This is the other side of the coin. Rhythmic devices will still be off.
well that sucks

One other thing Im noticing, immensely sped up startup times. The first time I loaded the beta it seemed to take the usual amount on my system. However subsequent loads are very fast, like FL and bitwig fast (those 2 for me have always seemed the fastest), and at this point its faster than BW

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”