Ableton Live 10...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ogopogo wrote:I agree mostly. Bitwig kinda addresses that by making the buttons 3d and all the controls orange. There are some parts of live that I feel run together when I look at it, stuff like font, line weight, use of to many colors in one place for different controls. That stuff could be tweaked.

Bitwig IMHo ruined the GUI, they couldn't keep it flat and so added shapes and shadows wasting space.

I do like the colours they choose, very nice contrast without being annoying.
dedication to flying

It's funny because I don't ever remember anyone complaining about the color of the sliders or knobs on a real mixing desk, or being dissatisfied with the contrast between the desk and the patching consoles.

I kind of like Live's lack of trend following and relative blandness. Either way, I can just get on making music regardless of what color it is.
Sweet child in time...

rod_zero wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:I agree mostly. Bitwig kinda addresses that by making the buttons 3d and all the controls orange. There are some parts of live that I feel run together when I look at it, stuff like font, line weight, use of to many colors in one place for different controls. That stuff could be tweaked.

Bitwig IMHo ruined the GUI, they couldn't keep it flat and so added shapes and shadows wasting space.

Well it's pretty much Live's Disco skin in 3D.

I've tried a few Live skins but always gone back to the default. Can't say that any of them have made me feel that it looks better for applying them.
Sweet child in time...

http://www.angussimons.com/2330 is a nice skin

I've added some blue to it, color intensity : 25%, hue: 205

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i think the live 'disco' gui is beautiful
Enlighten me, never heard of the Disco Gui for live? Is it a M4L thingy?

Sjefke wrote:
Options\Preferences\Look Feel\Skin\Disco

I still use the ''Defalut 8'' Skin in v9.

How has everyone got from Live 9.1.7 to Live 10? That's quite a jump.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

rod_zero wrote:

The shadows bother me too, as well as a lot of the 3d stuff. Like the 3d pianoin the editor , 3d panes here and there in the editor and that don't seem to fit in. I think if they had kept it flat but made only the buttons, knobs, and stuff you can press 3d it would be nice and cohesive, but right now it's sort of a watered down version of that.

Aloysius wrote:
Sjefke wrote:
Options\Preferences\Look Feel\Skin\Disco

I still use the ''Defalut 8'' Skin in v9.

How has everyone got from Live 9.1.7 to Live 10? That's quite a jump.
No he was explicitly talking about a GUI, and not about a simple skin... It cant be that simple...

There is some darn pretty custom skins out there too... I am mostly using the Logic ProX skin, works better very well in bright light.. And foxy black in darker areas..

Deep Purple wrote:It's funny because I don't ever remember anyone complaining about the color of the sliders or knobs on a real mixing desk, or being dissatisfied with the contrast between the desk and the patching consoles.
Maybe that's because in software such things are a lot easier to fix?

2ZrgE wrote:
Deep Purple wrote:It's funny because I don't ever remember anyone complaining about the color of the sliders or knobs on a real mixing desk, or being dissatisfied with the contrast between the desk and the patching consoles.
Maybe that's because in software such things are a lot easier to fix?
Assuming you find it a problem in the first place. My point was just to get on and make music and not worry the small shit.
Sweet child in time...

Last edited by Ogopogo on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sjefke wrote:No he was explicitly talking about a GUI, and not about a simple skin
no......he meant "skin" :) though it seems to me an almost perfect combo that it feels like a distinct g.u.i

Requests Live 10:

- ALL live compatible vst plugins avaiable and usable in rewire / slave mode
- highest quality pitch-shift/time-stretch algos +1
- Mixer Window like ProTools or Logic-level

:!:

I would like to be able to transpose Midi similar to how you would do it in Cubase. At least have the option to in the arrangement window. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”