Speculation: I think Logic XI isn't too far away, and here's why

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

medienhexer wrote:
mhog wrote:
ShawnG wrote: perhaps with cute revision names featuring names of species' of cats or scenic locations in California, or something.
:)
ShawnG wrote: Logic's pricing is one of the most ridiculous deals in the history of music software
Well, the competitors are multiplatform, though. Otherwise it would cost twice, I guess... More or less like the others...
Well, Sonar, Samplitude/Sequoia and FLStudio aren't. Just to support ShawnG's point ;)
exactly.

and as far as upgrade price, i wonder how that came into the discussion. I am calling here an now there will be an Logic X .5 update and it will be free but will require the latest OS (which is also free). Let's see how psychic i am :hihi:

Well, I've never considered Sonar, Samplitude and Fruity Loops "competitors"... :wink:

I mean the others, actually. For instance, if Cubase or Live or Studio One or such were "pc only" their current price would be exaggerated, I think... half the price would be right (more or less 200$). That is what I mean.

Reaper and Tracktion are really cheap products, in this perspective.

i have it on good authority that logic XI is just being burnt-to-dvd, and will be available to ship as soon as tim cook delivers it to the nearest post office

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i have it on good authority that logic XI is just being burnt-to-dvd, and will be available to ship as soon as tim cook delivers it to the nearest post office
Yep (LOL), that has as much truth/possibility/validity as the rest of the speculations.
Edgar Rothermich
(iMac5K, 32GB)
YouTube Videos https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Books for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, GarageBand and FCPx http://DingDingMusic.com/
My Instagram for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools https://www.instagram.com/edgarrothermich/

What are the new OS X features that inspired this wild speculation?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

mhog wrote:Well, I've never considered Sonar, Samplitude and Fruity Loops "competitors"... :wink:

I mean the others, actually. For instance, if Cubase or Live or Studio One or such were "pc only" their current price would be exaggerated, I think... half the price would be right (more or less 200$). That is what I mean.

Reaper and Tracktion are really cheap products, in this perspective.
Leaving aside not considering DAW's that have equivalent feature sets as competitors...

Most people dont use the "cross-platform" feature. Most musos either have a mac or a windows machine, not both. The only thing that being cross platform does is to give Steinberg, Presonus etc. a larger potential market. If they had a smaller market, it wouldnt follow that they would have to reduce the price, probably to the contrary, they would have to defray their cost with a smaller user base, so it would probably go up. And since most people don't care about cross platform other than they want it to be available for the platform they have, it wouldn't factor into the purchasing decision.

So getting back to Logic. It is unique in that it is made by a company whose main business is not DAW development. apple just wants you to buy their premium hardware (discussion on whether this hardware is actually worth the money they charge is left for another day). Sure they want to make money on software too, but they are more than happy to take a bath on logic, if it means that tons of musos are ditching their windows machines and buying macs. And of course they have the logic remote, so they want you to buy an ipad too. my prediction is that I actually think that upgrade pricing for logic is done and finished. You buy logic for $200, and more importantly keep buying macs, and you get the updates when they come out for free. It wasnt that long ago they were selling Logic Pro for 1000 dollars, so at $200, if youve got a mac its a steal. And its tempting for people who dont have a mac to make the switch.

My situation: I am stuck to Apple since 2005 due to Logic. In other words: I am on Mac ONLY for Logic and nothing else. For the rest I have Windows (in dual boot and another desktop pc). I call my macs "expensive dongles", unfortunatelly I haven't ever found something better than Logic. I own Live, too and I can see well the comfort of multiplatform software.

qtheerearranger wrote:Speculation: I think Logic XI isn't too far away, and here's why

I still want to know which upcoming OS X features inspired this thread. Also, new Logic already released with premature Alchemy 2 integration.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”