FLstudio vs. Logic / Ableton

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Someone I know online has said that FLstudio has limited capability compared to Logic/Ableton but I've never used those. I wondering what they can do which FLstudio can't, though I doubt there's much :lol:

Can anyone verify?
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

well I've used FLstudio since v2.0 and wouldn't use anything else now. There is still a perception that it's for kids which was maybe true about 15 years ago. I was just wondering what features make Logic and Ableton so essential and if they're present in FLstudio - just for someone else, I don't need persuading myself :D
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Depends on what you do, someone tracking a band, scoring a movie or mixing a record can make a list, but it's not about missing features, but about more suiting solutions found in another, majority of DAW's are capable and can do pretty much same things, but some excel for some.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It is as capable as everything else, it just does stuff different.

Personally I don't like it's GUI.
dedication to flying

I've owned FLS for about a decade. But I use Cubase. I'm fluent in Cubase (or, at least reasonably so) but dang if I can figure out FLS.

It's funny but I got FLS as a 'scratchpad' type thing. All the included beats and instruments were good for getting some quick ideas down. Now it's this complicated monster with routing options out the wazoo. Meanwhile, Cubase, always a rock solid DAW, has "caught up" with FLS in the content department. Tons of beats, instruments and kits ready to go. So it's now my scratchpad too.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Jbravo wrote:Someone I know online has said that FLstudio has limited capability compared to Logic/Ableton but I've never used those. I wondering what they can do which FLstudio can't, though I doubt there's much :lol:

Can anyone verify?
+1 to Bitwig ... vs FL Studio, unified device view(vs opening the VSTs windows), session view (u can't put editable automations into the Channel Rack of FL, u also can't put looping MIDIs with different lengths into it), build yourself modulation building blocks (FL has Peak, Form controller etc. but ... check the modulation video :) on Bitwig official page ), macro controlling(don't have to open Patcher or/and the VST constantly, can connect different different target params) and etc.

check the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-fRuPV1rkU
and this is just the surface ofc.

from more
https://soundcloud.com/kaneaudio/the-ka ... lms-bitwig
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

and the Bitwig modulation system for AL,S1,Sonar,Cubase users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mQUV2iwiI
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Zexila wrote:Depends on what you do, someone tracking a band, scoring a movie or mixing a record can make a list, but it's not about missing features, but about more suiting solutions found in another, majority of DAW's are capable and can do pretty much same things, but some excel for some.
This is pretty much the thing for many DAWs...like you mention. There are some DAWs that do better in some ways for orchestration but...

I will have to be a prophet of doom if I mention one that is crashing constantly. Sonar, anyone?? :x :x
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I agree that I don't find either FL studio or reaper workflow refined, yet they are very powerfool tools. If it clicks with you that's great. There can't be a tool that suits everyone.
dedication to flying

Cubase, S1v3, Pro Tools ( there, I said it), Nuendo,

Sometimes, one could argue that FL might be sort of a scratch pad...but there may be better than FL...:hihi: :hihi:
Barry

well I guess for one thing, FL studio is TERRIBLE at running on a Mac. Just as bad as Logic is at running on Windows.

If you like working in it, Rock on. I've demoed FL Studio a few times and it joined Reaper in the short list of "DAWS Where I Would Quit Making Music If I Had To Use Them Full Time" never clicked with me really, and theres not really anything that It can do that Logic can't either. Make music, don't worry about what anyone else uses.

sigh! Another DAW pissing Contest :P

If anyone can show that their Music is much better all thanks to their Amazing DAW then I am prepared to buy that DAW ASAP :D

I doub't the talent of certain famous artists will come with the package if I buy the same DAW as them :lol:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:sigh! Another DAW pissing Contest :P
All DAW software these days is good enough for 99% of people to do most things they want. It is more about finding a workflow you click with.

Good times.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

ATN69 wrote:sigh! Another DAW pissing Contest :P

If anyone can show that their Music is much better all thanks to their Amazing DAW then I am prepared to buy that DAW ASAP :D

I doub't the talent of certain famous artists will come with the package if I buy the same DAW as them :lol:
:party: :party: :lol: :lol:
Barry

I used both so my impression...

FL:
Linear/non linear hybrid daw.
Pro- Fast midi composition. Global modulation tools. Per-note pitch/pan/mod for sampler and native tool. Sandbox. Useful wave editor.
Con- No comping. No realtime audio clip stretching. No offline FX. No realtime waveform drawing on lanes.

Live:
Linear/non linear hybrid daw.
Pro- Comfortable features for real instrument players. Easy Instrument/FX racks. Easy good quality warping.
Con- No comping. No vocal pitch correction. Piano roll has no feature. No offline FX. No multi-channel midi edit.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”