Lumit - new multi-touch DAW to be released at NAMM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lumit

In the video he sometimes struggles to make finger gestures work, looks like gymnastics. Then I might as well stick with my mouse :D
I don't think I will ever get a touch screen, because my fingers are just too big relative to the control size, way bigger than the mouse pointer, which is basically pixel accurate.
Not to mention that I don't want a screen full of smears and bacteria :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:In the video he sometimes struggles to make finger gestures work, looks like gymnastics. Then I might as well stick with my mouse :D
I don't think I will ever get a touch screen, because my fingers are just too big relative to the control size, way bigger than the mouse pointer, which is basically pixel accurate.
Yep, that's the problem when a software is not really touch optimized!
A finger is never very accurate compared to a pointer input..... maybe i can put 10 stylus on my fingers :D
But the big plus when developers are "bothered" to use multi-touch input only it ends in some pretty great UI and new innovativ ways to interacte while the old click and point thing is stuck a bit in the past and i can't have 10 points at once :lol:

I think the problem is that nobody has bothered to reinvent the mouse in decades. The pad on notebooks was new, but I think it still only handles one point at a time.
How about a flat 4x4 inch touch mouse pad (literally), which handles 3 points/fingertips simultaneously.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I think the problem is that nobody has bothered to reinvent the mouse in decades. The pad on notebooks was new, but I think it still only handles one point at a time.
How about a flat 4x4 inch touch mouse pad (literally), which handles 3 points/fingertips simultaneously.
Trackpads are already multi-touch.....
Dreaming of the day we create music the minority report style.... sure it comes one day! Multi-touch is just the beginning of such things!

I like the UI

It looks deceptively powerful

I too noticed he struggled with the gesturing. This will get better I'd imagine but not sure if the notepad isn't making things worse (my ipad is a little odd at times)

Holy crap! Apparently it wipes stuff on your hard drive! Been following the GS thread.

Not a good start, though no doubt it will be fixed.

What is GS? Link?

fluffy_little_something wrote:What is GS? Link?
Gearslutz.com
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Gee, what a bunch of morons.
If they don't even manage to do such simple standard things right, I don't want to know about the program as such...

So have they fixed the hard drive-wiping bug in the meantime? :roll:

Haven't heard a word. Basically I've seen nothing about them :shrug:

Yes, seems to be a somewhat secretive developer :P

I think this page contains new, more detailed information:
https://lumit-audio.com/software/

Judging from the screenshots, it looks very human and friendly by DAW standards :)

I think I will give it a try next weekend :)

So, I just signed up in order to be able to download the demo.
Sloppy site. When registering one is asked first and last name, but no user name, then when logging in I am asked for my user name. Turns out they mean the email address :roll:

Now it is downloading, but it does not say how big the file will be, it is downloading and downloading... What is wrong with those people :dog:

PS: Finally finished, it is 157MB.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”