Unbelievable, why are there no VST managers?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HardSinc wrote:Put them in folders based on type within your VST folder.

Cubase and Sonar and Samplitude have built in managers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm still using Cubase 5 so this may have changed, but I don't think you can move or organize VST3 plugins that way, and the Cubase plugin manager doesn't let you do much of anything except add additional search paths for VST1/2 plugins. That's why I wish the functionality of the Ultimate Plugin Manager was built in to Cubase.

I'm totally with Andrew on this one, the ability to organise and try different plugs for tracks is a major thing for me. Tagging, indexing etc.

Some plugs can be reorganised into folders, but lots get installed and once moved don't function properly.

Something like minihost with extended functionality to organise and gather as much info about the plug as possible. Maybe even chain them like VSThost does to run some audio through. It can be done in a DAW but it's fart on.

See the info from VSThost, imagine a database that could use that info as well as a rating system, tags and audio/midi playback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Bitwig Browser can make collections in Devices and tag them. Here is an example I did it by choosing two synths I like to use as Bass synths, I made a new collection named "Bass Synths" and tagged two synths. So, it appears later in the browser as collection folder (among others). I can also set it as active to be able to tag or set another target collection ("Favorite" for example), so I can tag synths as favorites:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I like that, very much! Andrew take note ! :)
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

andrew732 wrote:...I'm still using Cubase 5
Dude, you're making me cringe. Update already. Cubase has come a long way since 5. :scared:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

EnGee wrote:Bitwig Browser can make collections in Devices and tag them...
You are so zipping along in Bitwig! You go girl! :clap: :hihi: :hug:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote:
I like Bitwig more and more. I need to figure out how to make my presets appear in the browser.
Oh! How did you know I'm a girl? :hihi:

EnGee wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
I like Bitwig more and more. I need to figure out how to make my presets appear in the browser.
Oh! How did you know I'm a girl? :hihi:
:hihi:

And then there is Cantabile, Forte, VSThost .....a few more as well ;)

Yeah, I use Cantabile v2 am guessing v3 has better VST functionality. The ideal setup would be all the software I mentioned so far combined into Cantabile. I mentioned VSThost's great info feature for VST earlier, that'd be great to get a database from.

Hi, on ableton 9.5 on mac.. i have actually made folders for my vsts... and things are working just fine.. only thing i couldn't move was my waves plugins.. but i got everything working as VST (i dont use AU on my mac, esp in ableton).

I remember this not working in the past and i didnt see any release notes on this from ableton, but i assure you it works for mac.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

bookofthoth wrote:I like that, very much! Andrew take note ! :)
You can do the same in Tracktion

bookofthoth wrote:I'm totally with Andrew on this one, the ability to organise and try different plugs for tracks is a major thing for me. Tagging, indexing etc.

Some plugs can be reorganised into folders, but lots get installed and once moved don't function properly.
Yeah I've had moving plugins backfire on me but you don't have to move the actual plugin, you can create folders and subfolders of symlinks to plugins and move those where you want. Most hosts will use the folder/subfolder structure for symlinked plugins too, the only thing is it still only works with VST 2, not VST3 or AU.

Orbit-50 wrote:
Dude, you're making me cringe. Update already. Cubase has come a long way since 5. :scared:
Has it changed at all with respect to the things we're talking about in this thread? Not as far as I can tell, but correct me if I'm wrong.

andrew732 wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
Has it changed at all with respect to the things we're talking about in this thread? Not as far as I can tell, but correct me if I'm wrong.
lol

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”