I would love to see a fully fledge DAW from...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SpaceTraffic wrote:btw, i find the -do we need more daws- attitude scary... do we need more intsruments? do we need more synths?

H E C K Y E A H !
There is a big diff between need and want

yes. and it's not what you have but what you're free from...

agreed...

but still! ;)

DARPA

SpaceTraffic wrote:btw, i find the -do we need more daws- attitude scary... do we need more intsruments? do we need more synths?

H E C K Y E A H !
It especially works when the DAWs can work with other DAWs, either as plugins or with Rewire. I prefer when they can load as plugins.

BT

acYm wrote:BT
Bravo! :clap:

You probably said it as a joke but I'd 100% buy that. I'm not even a BT fan, I just think it'd probably have innovative features and workflow that would stand apart from other DAW's.

Uncle E wrote:
acYm wrote:BT
Bravo! :clap:

You probably said it as a joke but I'd 100% buy that. I'm not even a BT fan, I just think it'd probably have innovative features and workflow that would stand apart from other DAW's.
Hey E. Just wanted your thoughts on whether you think NI will have a DAW down the line? What could you see NI doing with maschine? I was thinking is how are NI/AKAI going to continue developing the software around the hardware. What do you think. Also, what do you see happening with studio one down the line. I noticed they just hired more developers. Thanks.

beatmangler443 wrote:Hey E. Just wanted your thoughts on whether you think NI will have a DAW down the line? What could you see NI doing with maschine? I was thinking is how are NI/AKAI going to continue developing the software around the hardware. What do you think. Also, what do you see happening with studio one down the line. I noticed they just hired more developers. Thanks.
Presonus has something really huge planned that I think will be the biggest thing any DAW has announced in years, at least for professional engineers. I really mean that, it's not marketing hyperbole, although Gearslutz people will be more affected by it than KVR people will. I thought they were going to include it when they made their big "raise the bar" announcement about version 3.2 but I guess it wasn't ready yet.

I don't know what NI and Akai have planned but I do know that NI still considers Maschine to be one of their most important product lines.

I'm kind of hesitant to get behind something like a new DAW, as it seems most new DAWs tend to originate as an audio editor/recorder, while treating midi like a piano roll afterthought. Programs like Logic and digital performer started out as midi sequencers and kept all of the advanced functionality.

masterhiggins wrote:I'm kind of hesitant to get behind something like a new DAW, as it seems most new DAWs tend to originate as an audio editor/recorder, while treating midi like a piano roll afterthought. Programs like Logic and digital performer started out as midi sequencers and kept all of the advanced functionality.
...And Apple letting all those wonderful things slowly decay behind cmd-0... :cry:

Kanye

... Donald Trump called WIG
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

David Lynch...

I love Tracktion but if I had to pick a well-respected plugin developer to create a new DAW it'd have to be Tokyo DAWn Records ;)

Carlsberg or .................. (put here your favourite beer manufacturer)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”