Studio One - Mass Volume Automation

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just finished the arrangement on a song(May even turn out to be my first single, yay :phones: ), and I'd like to be able to fade out certain tracks while letting the rest sustain.

In total, I have 21 tracks that I'd like to fade out, leaving 6 single notes from multiple tracks to remain with heavy delay. I can't seem to work out a way to do this other than tediously going through each clip and drawing a fade, then having to replicate it 20 more times.

Edit: I am now awar that I can select multiple audio clips and draw fades, but most of the tracks I'm working with are MIDI.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I believe you should be able to assign the vsti faders in the mixer to a single vca fader, and do it that way. The individual tracks' relative levels would be preserved, so you can fade up/down at will.
You'd then only have to automate the single vca fader...
If each of the 21 tracks' fades have to be different, though...you'd have to go track-by-track. I don't see any other way around that.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Oh, wow, thanks! I had read the PreSonus description as "a new feature in S1 Professional" and assumed it was only in Pro. Oops. :P

zenophilix wrote:Oh, wow, thanks! I had read the PreSonus description as "a new feature in S1 Professional" and assumed it was only in Pro. Oops. :P
Ahhh, i'd assumed you were using pro for some reason, but yes, thankfully, it looks like vca's are in artist too!

Do let us know how you get on with it.

cheers
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:
zenophilix wrote:Oh, wow, thanks! I had read the PreSonus description as "a new feature in S1 Professional" and assumed it was only in Pro. Oops. :P
Ahhh, i'd assumed you were using pro for some reason, but yes, thankfully, it looks like vca's are in artist too!

Do let us know how you get on with it.

cheers
Yeah, AudioBox bundle skrub. :lol: Still irritated that I can't afford both the VST I want and the means to use it in S1 at the same time...

Works super well, select the tracks I want, right-click and create a VCA fader which can be automated as normal.

Cheers.

If you mean VCA's, yeah. The rumor is that it inadventently slipped out in Artist and wasn't supposed to, but rather than remove it from Artist users who had it already they just left it there as a permanent feature in Artist.

The initial 3.2 feature documentation saying it was Pro only appears to support the rumor.

LawrenceF wrote:
If you mean VCA's, yeah. The rumor is that it inadventently slipped out in Artist and wasn't supposed to, but rather than remove it from Artist users who had it already they just left it there as a permanent feature in Artist.

The initial 3.2 feature documentation saying it was Pro only appears to support the rumor.
Well that's interesting. Now they just need to slip up and let me use VSTs. :help:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”