Live 9 session view editing?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Live 8 -> Live 9 version update "news" was the session view automation feature.
However, to me the session view audio editing is really restricted - you can´t delete/copy/paste
the file in the way you can do in the arrangement view. How come - is the any way to really edit
audio data in the session view - or do we really have to drag the file to the arrangement, edit it, bounche it drag back to the session? Not very handy.

Correct...

Copy/Drag to Arrange View, then bring back to Session View.

There's unfortunately no way to really edit that clip beyond cropping and clip automation.

If all you need to do is shorten/crop a clip then that's there, but cutting segments out, or combining separate clips, etc... is not possible via Session view unless you were to creatively apply legato follow modes as a workaround (which would be more difficult than just editing in arrangement view).

Thank you -good to get a verification that I've got this right. Really unfortunate the session is this restricted.
What about 3rd party plugins/editing tools? Is there any handy for this purpose?

Edison

drag and dropping really nice, it saves the edited samples in its own folder, so have to collect them back to project one at end
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Thank you! - Edison could be a candidate here, if they just included some extras such as some kind of de-clicker/restauration tool, could pay € 89 for it. ;-)

edison is an excellent tool. but it's incompatable with some progs i use ( ableton doesn't like it) , which is a shame as i would genuinely end up using it on everything : )

Harry_HH wrote:if they just included some extras such as some kind of de-clicker/restauration tool, could pay € 89 for it. ;-)
I can see de-clipper, de-noiser, de-clicker tools in Edison. It didn't work for you?

yes, all those tools are available. i suspect he's not clicking on the right menu , at the bottom of the window. it basically does EVERYTHING - do a search on youtube for Seamless tutorials and you will unlock the thing.. maybe : )

Sorry, I didn't mention I have not yet demoed the Edison,
just watched some tutorials, e.g. https://youtu.be/IxFeq3pu64o
This one is 11-part, really good one, but maybe the restauration features are presented in the later parts (watched just the first ones). Anyway, good to know
the restauration tools are there, among others.

The comment concerning the compatibility with the Live 9 was, of course, bad news. When I have time, must demo the Edison, which otherwise seems to be a real swiss army knife, sort of "mini iZotope RX"...but useless if doesn't work with the Live.

Just a quick update after the first demos:

Edison works like a charm...until I try to drag-and-drop the edited file from the Edison to the Live 9 session slot. Then it crashes...

Anyway this what happened 2 times in a row.

What a pitty - if this worked, I would buy it.

If the Image Line is listening, try to fix this with the Ableton, if possible. And - one additional feature which made this a gem: looper function with a multitrack memory (the previous recording would either auto-save or (option) be replaced.

It works fine in 8 on my machine. So ableton may have changed something in 9.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”