Bitwig 8 Track For Free

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG wrote:Main bit: "Although it is technically possible to download the software without having bought the respective Beat issue, it's not right."
If they offer a free download of the issue which came with Bitwig 8-track, I would say they have given users the key with a right to enter the house.

But as they sooner or later are gonna run out of serials (like with z3ta+) it would be good if they did away with such uncertanties as users who should happen to buy the back issue at a later date will get pissed off, if their serials are not working anymore.

Beatstation can be had for free now just like Bitwig 8-track, users don't need to buy the actual issue, just need go to their serial center.

As a paying subscriber I could be pissed off that they more or less are giving away stuff that I have paid a sub for, but so be it.
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValliSoftware wrote: Go here and go thru the process of a purchase but the total amount is $0, you don't pay anything.
It's totally free. I'm not sure why you have to go thru a process like that if an item is free.
http://www.nektartech.com/bitwig-8track
Maybe becuase it's not free for everyone, but for
*Nektar controller owners only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Maybe becuase it's not free for everyone, but for *Nektar controller owners only
+1 and they check if you got a controller or not, I know from my own experience :oops:

Numanoid wrote:
Maybe becuase it's not free for everyone, but for *Nektar controller owners only
+1 and they check if you got a controller or not, I know from my own experience :oops:
I got my serial without problems from them a few month ago and i don't have any nektar hardware too.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I got this (not automated) E-mail reply when I did my "cheeky" bid:
We have received your claim for Bitwig 8-Track which you are eligible to if you are a Nektar product owner. Our system was not able to match your claim with a valid product registration however but if you can send me the model and serial number, I can get this corrected.

I will process your claim following.

Numanoid wrote: +1 and they check if you got a controller or not, I know from my own experience :oops:
I was able to input MIDI notes and save the project just now and i have no Nektar controller attached.
With the license I'm able to install Bigwig 8-Track on up to 3 computers too.

See attachment. :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bitwig 8-Track in action on my MAC :phones:

ValliSoftware wrote:
Numanoid wrote: +1 and they check if you got a controller or not, I know from my own experience :oops:
I was able to input MIDI notes and save the project just now and i have no Nektar controller attached.
With the license I'm able to install Bigwig 8-Track on up to 3 computers too.

See attachment. :phones:
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, they stated clearly who can take their offer...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Numanoid wrote:I got this (not automated) E-mail reply when I did my "cheeky" bid:
We have received your claim for Bitwig 8-Track which you are eligible to if you are a Nektar product owner. Our system was not able to match your claim with a valid product registration however but if you can send me the model and serial number, I can get this corrected.

I will process your claim following.
I guess they changed it then. Just to many non Nektar owners had the same idea in the past.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

As I already got the Bitwig 8-track with Beat mag at the same time.

Dunno why I even bothered trying to get the extra license, except greed :oops:

Zexila wrote: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, they stated clearly who can take their offer...
I was actually commenting on this reply.
Numanoid said they check if you have a controller attached and I was pointing out that it doesn't.
It's not like my Protools 8 M-Powered where it does check and Protools 8 M-Powered won't start unless you have an M-Audio device connected.

ValliSoftware wrote:
Zexila wrote: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, they stated clearly who can take their offer...
I was actually commenting on this reply.
Numanoid said they check if you have a controller attached and I was pointing out that it doesn't.
It's not like my Protools 8 M-Powered where it does check and Protools 8 M-Powered won't start unless you have an M-Audio device connected.
Do you own Nektar controller?

WOW this threads really run. I would like to appologise if it caused Bitwig or Beat any problems but if not giving the DVD content away was you intention it should have been stated in the pdf giveaway page. Not downloading from your archive unless you own the mag very right and fair but if you give an edition away without stating no DVD content access you have to expect confusion. Anyhoo maybe its time to put this thread to bed mod's as its seems to be encouraging people to discus wholly unethical ways to get hold of this software. NOT what I had intended.

devilnishy wrote:NOT what I had intended.
KVR threads, like Aphex Twin, is to unexpect the expected :borg:

devilnishy wrote: Not downloading from your archive unless you own the mag very right and fair but if you give an edition away without stating no DVD content access you have to expect confusion.
Yes, you (and Numanoid) are quite right, if they give the issue away with the codes then surely that indicates the software can be accessed. I was commenting more on their statement about accessing the content without the mag which isn't entirely relevant to your thread. My reasoning was faulty/irrelevant, I blame the heat.:)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”