Producers, are you faithful to your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could'nt help but ask :hihi: :hihi:

I'm pretty happy with Bitwig for my needs right now, but I am considering Ableton again because I miss the ease of use, built-in max/msp features, sample mangling, Cytomic filters, lower CPU usage, Resampling export options etc.

Actually I've thought of maybe just using both because I've got the excellent PDC for my midi plugins with bitwig, and then I could use bitwig to build my loops and then export them into Ableton for my main composition. Anyone know if Ableton fixed the PDC latency with their latest update?

I do have Ableton lite that came with my Roland A-49 so maybe I should just load it up, update it and find out.

I don't mind work arounds, but I really hate making a track where everything is synced before export only to find that once exported it all sounds out of sync.

I kind of wish either company would add all the features of the other so I could have the best of all them in one DAW.

-edit- I accidently added this to the wrong forum, can a mod please move this to the DAW forum = :?:

cheers :tu:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

moved as per request, be advised though this could move again to ET depending on the course it takes (whether or not it turns into a total parody thread)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

For a while I was faithful to Reaper. But later on I realized that the 60-day trial will keep me from using it to make videos that are 61 days or more apart. So I switched to Podium Free. But then I later found out that it only can take 1 midi input via Midi Yoke and I couldn't use it to make a video of a DC16 product that requires 5 midi inputs simultaneously.

I then found out that Reaper version 0.99 can do just that, it allows 5 or more midi inputs. So now I am thinking do I just stick to the free version of Reaper because I am kind of used to the Reaper workflow and not as much to the the Podium Free workflow yet? I think I will end up faithful to both the free version of Reaper and the Podium Free DAW. There might be more features that one has and the other doesn't, and vice versa.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

After some exploration of various DAWs I decided to stick to Live, from time to time I demo another to see what I am missing but even if some features seem attractive I just can't get myself to invest in the learning curve. And I also have a lot of packs for live.

Eventually I think I may pick another one for orchestral work with a mate, but it would take some time.
dedication to flying

Yeah, sure, sorta, but not really. Sonar is and has been my primary DAW for 10 years or so and I finish >90% of my tracks with it. But, I also use Ableton occasionally (esp. for scratch tracks, instrumentals, and occasional collabs) on both my Mac and PC, and I have Logic Pro X on my Mac for occasional use and collabs. I also still have PT11, but I've been toying with the idea of selling it since I haven't used it much in the past year or so, and have no intentions of ever going to Avid's version of the PT12 subscription model. Oh, and I have Adobe Audition (part of my CC subscription), but haven't really used it much. Oh, and I also own FLS, but don't even have it installed anymore (bought it for ReWire into Sonar many years ago, but never liked its workflow, and wish I could sell it or give it away). Wow, I just realized what a DAWhore I am....ewwww :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Recently got back to music making and after demoing what's under the sun almost, still can't move on from Logic, still trying tho. :scared: :help:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I cheat on Ableton with Thandie whenever she's in town

https://www.ted.com/talks/thandie_newto ... ing_myself

this is now a Thandie 4EVER thread <3

I think I've already mentioned, I'm a bit of a DAWizer. I have four stable DAWs and none of them are happy that I just brought a new young thing in as DAW number five. The oldest DAW, Cubase, has been the loudest complainer saying that she "can do anything that those younger DAWs can do and that if I were a real producer I'd want a real DAW, not some young floozy with tight coding and fresh new features."

Of course, Cubase doesn't want to own that she's slowed down a bit over the years and is getting a little tubby around the middle.

ghettosynth wrote: Of course, Cubase doesn't want to own that she's slowed down a bit over the years and is getting a little tubby around the middle.
Well, what do you expect after giving birth to Studio One?
Last edited by cryophonik on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Working with FL Studio for 17 years now. Last couple of years i am using other DAW's as well (Ableton, Sonar, Reaper, ReNoise) for different reasons. Mixing, live, easy project management between people...but still, the DAW that's being openend every day is FL Studio

exmatproton wrote:Working with FL Studio for 17 years now.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I use Bitwig, Reason and Reaper.

Wait, is it immoral to own more than one Daw :o
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Wait, is it immoral to own more than one Daw :o
That's kind of heavy man, just live your life and remember, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!

Been with Cubase since 2000.

Tried Pro Tools in the early noughties, really didn't like it. Tried it again earlier this year. Still don't like it.

Tried Abelton earlier in the year on my laptop. Spent ages trying to get it to make a sound. Finally got there. Will play some more with it at some point.

Tried Reaper. Didn't like it initially, probably need to spend more time with it (spent about 2 hours using it).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”