Premiere Pro download?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, some of you may remember that Adobe gave free licensies for some of their products about 3-4 years ago, the topic was discussed and shared in the Kvr, too.
I installed then e.g. the Premiere Pro to my laptop and have used it succesfully.

Now I'm abroad for some time and have an other laptop with me. I have that Premiere Pro license number with me but can't find now the correct download link for that version of the Premiere Pro. It was some early version, pre-CS.

Therefore:

1) Do you happen to remember the case, and any idea if the download link for that version exists?
2) ...and where?
BTW, was is 32 bit version only?

Harry_HH wrote:Hello, some of you may remember that Adobe gave free licensies for some of their products about 3-4 years ago, the topic was discussed and shared in the Kvr, too.
No, they didn't. And, TBH, the hypocrisy of the same people who condemned piracy, and at the same time didn't have a problem with downloading and using the Adobe CS2 software here, and elsewhere on the net, just because Adobe is a big company, pretty much made me vomit. Adobe ALWAYS made it clear that those downloads and serials are only for people owning a legit license, because the licensing server have been shut down.

Just contact Adobe support, why ask on KVR ffs?

.jon wrote:Just contact Adobe support
To make even a bigger fool out of yourself by claiming official support for a non-existing legit license? Mmh...

Seriously, i wonder if someone ever thought about the people working there. Do you like to work for nothing?

But then, just go ahead and ask. I bet they provide with a lot of info material about their Creative Cloud software pricings.

chk071 wrote:Seriously, i wonder if someone ever thought about the people working there. Do you like to work for nothing?
Agreed, which makes the fact they had (indeed, still have) the downloads freely accessible all the more puzzling. Surely part of having a license involves them having your email or adobe account details?

:shrug:

Adobe has always been very responsive to my mails so I don't see a problem here.

If it's an illegal license, Harry deserves a permanent ban.

chk071 wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Hello, some of you may remember that Adobe gave free licensies for some of their products about 3-4 years ago, the topic was discussed and shared in the Kvr, too.
No, they didn't. And, TBH, the hypocrisy of the same people who condemned piracy, and at the same time didn't have a problem with downloading and using the Adobe CS2 software here, and elsewhere on the net, just because Adobe is a big company, pretty much made me vomit. Adobe ALWAYS made it clear that those downloads and serials are only for people owning a legit license, because the licensing server have been shut down.
Is that the case? I must be then very blue-eyed person, because understood that differently. And I've never read any such a Adobe statement *Adobe made it clear") . And the software I refer was not the CS2, as I wrote. If you mean me "TBH, being hypocritical", I guess you have right because I have always been against the piracy.

I took a search in the Kvr to find that old thread to which I based my blue-eyed question, I'm not sure if that's the right one because its so long ago, the only one header which remains of that concerns Adobe Audition, see below. Is that thread also just full of crooks?

Finally, if what you are writing about THAT case I mean, is true I must then be just very much ashamed. :(

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=370008&hilit=Adobe+premiere+pro
Last edited by Harry_HH on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryG wrote:
chk071 wrote:Seriously, i wonder if someone ever thought about the people working there. Do you like to work for nothing?
Agreed, which makes the fact they had (indeed, still have) the downloads freely accessible all the more puzzling.
No, they're gone. They had them up a couple of months, with clearly stating that the licenses and downloads are for owners of a legit license of the software only. Frankly, i don't think they thought it's worth the hassle to set up a system which totally prevents people from downloading and installing the software on their computers, even without owning a license. That doesn't make it any better though. It's like when a fruit dealer has his fruits outside the store, and people argue that it was so easy to just walk by, and take a fruit. It is still theft, no matter how you twist it. But, hey, Adobe is a big company, which means they only consist of bosses and managers, which get a fortune anyway, right? Right, not.

Harry_HH wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I that the case? I must be then very blue-eyed person, because understood that differently. And I've never read any such a Adobe statement *Adobe made it clear") . And the software I refer was not the CS2, as I wrote. If you mean me "TBH, being hypocritical", I guess you have right because I have always been against the piracy.

I took a search in the Kvr to find that old thread to which I based my blue-eyed question, I'm not sure if that's the right one because its so long ago, the only one header which remains of that concerns Adobe Audition, see below. Is that thread also just full of crooks?

Finally, if what you are writing about THAT case I mean, is true I must then be just very much ashamed. :(

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=370008&hilit=Adobe+premiere+pro
To my knowledge, they stated on their website, and in the place where you downloaded CS2, that it's for legit CS2 owners only. Anyway, you don't have to feel ashamed. The whole internet reported about the "free downloads". After all, it's Adobe, everyone can crap all over them, or use Photoshop for free.

This is the only thing i found about it: https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2 ... rvers.html I'm pretty sure though that that was also the statement they had on the download, and license key page, at least shortly after they have made the downloads, and keys available. For legit OWNERS.

.jon wrote:Adobe has always been very responsive to my mails so I don't see a problem here.

Do you have some problems with me?
I don't know you and I don't think you are the right person suggesting me a ban. And if I deserve one, then that the justice happens, then we have to go through this case (and all the similar kind) in the Kvr forum and ban permanently all other crooks taking part of these. You can take the role of the policeman, once you seems to be good at it.

I think he was being sarcastic, and wanted to implicate that i wanted a permanent ban for you. :P Which i don't. I just found the way people argued on the net, especially here, pro the illicit download of CS2, pretty irreverent. You were just happening to download something in the belief that it was legal for everyone to use, without owning a license.

Harry_HH wrote:
.jon wrote:Adobe has always been very responsive to my mails so I don't see a problem here.

Do you have some problems with me?
I don't know you and I don't think you are the right person suggesting me a ban. And if I deserve one, then that the justice happens, then we have to go through this case (and all the similar kind) in the Kvr forum and ban permanently all other crooks taking part of these. You can take the role of the policeman, once you seems to be good at it.
Lol, what is wrong with you?
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
Nothing personal, piracy is just not allowed here. Anyway, if you're an Adobe customer, just contact the support.

.jon wrote:
Nothing personal, piracy is just not allowed here. Anyway, if you're an Adobe customer, just contact the support.
I think you are hypocritical now.
Who is more likely a pirate, the person who openly ask about the thing I did, or those who operate behind the pirate servers?
If its "nothing personal", how actively do you hunt those?

I don't understand you. I'm not hunting you, just brought up the goddamn KVR forum rule- discussing piracy has always been totally forbidden here.

However, one more time, if your license is legit, you're a customer and Adobe will gladly help you, they are very friendly and fast.This is not their support forum though.

Anybody engaged about piracy - did you take the survey?

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeve ... -4067.html

Anybody that create things that you enjoy - software, music, film or games - should you give something back, like paying what they request?

I think it's fair.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”