show up here:

http://www.bandshed.net/packages/reaper-linux/

I was also able to load a bunch of u-he/discoDSP plugins
in the linux Mixbus 3.6/7. V4 looks to be a decent upgrade,
but I'll wait a couple weeks for the spearcatchers to do their thing :wink:

I'll probably get Bitwig 8-track, as the effects section is
a pretty nice destination for other daw outputs, and linux sundries
Cheers

A quick Question: I haven't ugraded my version of Reaper for about a year; is it worth getting the new version? Current version seems fine.

Thought I'd post here, as going through the release notes takes forever to figure out what has changed.

Thanks!

Yes, of course it's worth it.

lalo wrote:Reaper is great. My DAW of choice. For arranging, pre-production, sound design, mixing. ...and notation in the future.
I'd only like an A.R.A. like implementation. And a few more MIDI editing mechanics.
But Reaper is absolutely great!!! :love: :love:
I almost totally agree with you!

Reaper is great. Might yet be my DAW of choice. For arranging, pre-production, sound design, mixing. ...and notation in the future.
I'd only like an A.R.A. like implementation. And a few more MIDI editing mechanics.
But Reaper is absolutely great!!! :love: :love

ARA and midi editing in a similar way it is done in Cubase. As for midi fx well there are many VSTi midi fx to choose from.

But ARA implementation alone will make Reaper my main DAW!

metalstrings wrote:A quick Question: I haven't ugraded my version of Reaper for about a year; is it worth getting the new version? Current version seems fine.

Thought I'd post here, as going through the release notes takes forever to figure out what has changed.

Thanks!
Keep your existing install for legacy projects and upgrade to an independent portable install for new projects.
You can import configs to the new install if you want, but if something is not broken then I can't see what you gain by overwriting that.

I have to admit the rate of development and attention to detail is pretty astounding. One can't can't fail to be impressed.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

I would say that if you don't want the new features it might not be worth it. 4.x is very stable. I only upgraded to 5.x in order to resolve a weird update issue with the latest version of a popular Reaper addon. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure that I would make a lot of use of the new features.

YMMV and all that.

That said, if you're on the personal version, it's pretty damn cheap. I picked up 3.x around 2010/2011 or so when there was a sale just before version 4 came out. I just upgraded at the end of 2016.

glokraw wrote:The newer versions packaged as .deb files, will probably
show up here:

http://www.bandshed.net/packages/reaper-linux/

I was also able to load a bunch of u-he/discoDSP plugins
in the linux Mixbus 3.6/7. V4 looks to be a decent upgrade,
but I'll wait a couple weeks for the spearcatchers to do their thing :wink:

I'll probably get Bitwig 8-track, as the effects section is
a pretty nice destination for other daw outputs, and linux sundries
Cheers
Mixbus is based on Ardour or maybe i'm wrong.

Yes, Mixbus is a commerical fork of Ardour.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
lalo wrote:Reaper is great. My DAW of choice. For arranging, pre-production, sound design, mixing. ...and notation in the future.

Reaper is great. Might yet be my DAW of choice. For arranging, pre-production, sound design, mixing. ...and notation in the future.

ARA and midi editing in a similar way it is done in Cubase. As for midi fx well there are many VSTi midi fx to choose from.

I really hope they add ARA. What midi features are you wanting to see added?

memyselfandus wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:

I really hope they add ARA. What midi features are you wanting to see added?
I would love to see something similar to the Logical Editor, Transformer and Input Transformer.
Would also like to see VST 3.5 midi note expression.

Reaper 5.40 is out now and has some amazing new stuff like swing grid.

https://youtu.be/_ux8fsgB4h0

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”