How to MIDI learn "hidden" VST parameters in Live ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Once "configure" is select, go to the vst itself and move some parameter/knob and it will appear in that box
No_Use wrote:I'm referring to this:

How can I show up a VST parameter is this panel for MIDI learning which is not accessible via plugin GUI (i.e. only via generic/host plugin UI) ?

pottering wrote:Arguably it is Deckadance that has a flaw, I mean, what's the "why'' for hiding useful parameters from the user (and DAW)? Other plugins can expose on/off buttons, play/stop buttons, etc. just by clicking on the GUI.
This leads a bit away from the original topic, but anyway, I'll give an example:
I'm interested in mapping playlist select next/previous title, load to deck A/B. In the GUI itself you do this by just clicking on the desired title and drop it onto the deck, why should there be additional GUI elements for it (and which to begin with), only would take valuable space.
Anyhow, If the plugin has it own MIDI Learn you can do some automation with MIDI CCs, using tip 14 in this article:
It hasn't, unfortunately.
But the dev (Luis Serrano?) is very active in Stanton Deckadance forum. He seems receptive to requests.
Again, I think it's rather an oversight in Live (missing that there are plugins with more than 128 parameters and maybe not all exposed to the GUI), I assume it would just be a matter of bumping the limit for the auto-populate option.
On the other hand I think it's rather unlikely that the Deckadance dev changes the GUI because of this this (and given that it's not a problem in at least another host).

Anyway, just speculation and this argument could go back and forth. :)

I think I'll rather look for another host then where it works (currently exploring my options for a kinda hybrid DJ/Live electronic music setup, that's why I'm checking out Deckadance as plugin).

Thanks for your help.

jc_vt wrote:Once "configure" is select, go to the vst itself and move some parameter/knob and it will appear in that box
No_Use wrote: How can I show up a VST parameter is this panel for MIDI learning which is not accessible via plugin GUI (i.e. only via generic/host plugin UI) ?
:shrug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”